Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turkey Brine

Options
EGGTASTIC
EGGTASTIC Posts: 32
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This Sunday I am doing an 18lb bird using Mad Max method. It will be the 4th bird I've done since Thanksgiving on my Egg! It is absolutely the best turkey I have ever had! I have been using the same brine for all of my whole poultry. In an effort to change up my brine I googled 'Turkey Brine' and came up with a recipe that looked different and easy! It called for Juniper Berries. I checked my local grocery store web site and they had them! I figured it would be easy to find them.

My office is in the same plaza as a World Market so I dropped in this afternoon to see if they had them. They didn't BUT they had a bunch of the Turkey Brine in the photo:

IMG_0244.jpg

It has in it:

Sea Salt
Brown Sugar
Cranberries
Apples
Garlic
Orange Peel
Juniper Berries
Malabar Black Peppecorns
Thyme
Rosemary
Sage

The price was marked as $7.99. Seemed a little expensive but figured I would give it a try! It calls fro 2 cups/gallon of water. The container has 4 cups in it.

The GREAT news is when I took it to the register it rang up for $1.99! That is a WIN if you ask me!

So my question. Has anyone used this to brine a turkey or any poultry? I have 1.5 gallons of it cooling down and all I can say is WOW! It is aromatic!

The side of the bottle has the following website: www.spicehunter.com on it. I went to the site but it is not listed as a product!

Comments