Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE to Jamaica

Options
Okeejohn
Okeejohn Posts: 297
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife's cousin in Kingston, Jamaica WI wants to get a BGE. I tried to GOOGLE dealers in Jamaica but came up empty handed. Is the only way to buy one here in the states and have it shipped? Any ideas??

John

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Buy it in the UK and have it shipped. Otherwise it will get held in customs forever. The other way is to bring it there yourself. You'll still pay customs on it, but the chances of it getting "LOST" will be greatly reduced. Don't expect it to be handled with care though..

It will probably be the first BGE in Jamaica if it actually makes it.
  • Scubadog
    Scubadog Posts: 100
    Options
    How about shipping from Puerto Rico? At least it's US!!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Jamaica is NOT US. It is a British protectorate. Trust me the chances of it getting "lost" if it is shipped is extremely high. Even if it doesn't get lost it will most likely arrive broken.

If it arrives in one piece it will be held in Customs for a couple weeks. All the times I have been there I quickly learned to bring it with me as luggage,
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    I would suggest you call BGE and ask them where you might be able to find one...if anyone knows it would be them..
  • Okeejohn
    Okeejohn Posts: 297
    Options
    You mean have it put on the airplane?

John