Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks

Options
metrylee
metrylee Posts: 94
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
after reading all the replies i will find out where they sell those EGGS and get one this week.
looking forward to some good cookin and some great recipies
thanks for your help ^ 5

Comments

• Pharmeggist
    Pharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Options
    I missed your earlier post... not sure if someone referred you to check out this site www.nakedwhiz.com It has a ton of information about the Big Green Egg (you won't be disappointed). It has recipes, lump reviews, and a whole lotta of great information.
    Happy future egging, Pharmeggist
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    Are you in Metairie La.?
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Congrats! You will not regret it. Get involved with this forum and these folks will have you burning things you never knew!
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    You will have no regrets.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    I missed your original post also..but you have made a good decision..just know that using an egg isn't like a gazzer or any other outdoor cooker you've ever used. I think you gotta love the process as well as the food..get that under your belt and you'll enjoy some of the most fantastic home prepared food you've ever had! Welcome to 'the addiction'. :blink: :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • metrylee
    metrylee Posts: 94
    Options
    iam in metairie. la
  • Scubadog
    Scubadog Posts: 100
    Options
    Welcome Metrylee. You'll love your new Egg. I have a good freind from Louisiana that always preached the BBQ wisdom of 'low & slow" before I had even heard of BGE.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    There are picto-lessons on this forum everyday... and lots of talented cooksters.

I went into Eggin' blind -- didn't know squat, didn't know about the forum, and treated like a hibachi.

The food I produced was nearly inedible. I wanted to junk the Egg... did nothing through the winter, and discovered the forum in early spring, and hooked up with a knowledgeable dealer [Eggfoot-Omaha] right after that.

The quality of my cooks quadrupled in one day. Yep -- I still have a lot to learn!

Remember -- Hie thee to an Eggfest!

~ Broc
    :)