Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

modifying the daisy wheel/slider for use with temp rings

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
deflector.jpg
<p />Hi All,
This weekend I was fiddlin' around with Humpy & MickeyT's temp rings. I remember a previous post where someone suggested using the now obsolete (thanks to Mick) daisywheel/slider topper to retain the temp ring. It works great except for the slider thingy on top (you don't need it anymore). So I took it off. That left an empty tapped hole in the daisywheel base. Now I hate having an unused tapped hole in anything so I set out out to find a use for this hole. I fabricated a round (any shape will do) rain deflector out of some scrap aluminum and went to the store to get hardware. To my suprise, the only threadform that seemed to match was an M6 metric(!?) screw. Anywho, to make a long, boring story only slightly less long and/or boring, the delector worked like a charm. The only way that rain could get inside Humpty would be during a heavy storm with horizontal rain, in which case I would be ordering Chinese food to be delivered.[p]Have a good day, everyone.[p]lns

Comments