Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

burger/simple but very good

Options
Bordello
Bordello Posts: 5,926
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A great hamburger.
I used 96% lean ground beef, chopped up some sweet onion, added some fresh ground black pepper, a little white pepper, made a mixture of BlueSmokes Jerk and Big Chief Sauce, added that to the mix. I made 3 thick patties and cooked one on the mini with a small piece of honey maple bacon on top. This made one great burger. I will cook the other two this afternoon.
New Bob

Comments

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    New Bob,
    Was the burger juicy?
    I keep telling the my wife that a hamburger has to be full of fat to be any good and she keeps telling me I eat too much fat. We end up cooking two different types of meat (lean for her and fatty for me).
    Maybe the onion and sauce added to the lean would make her happy and me more healthy.

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    ravnhaus,
    Yes, I believe the mixture of the two sauces and the small piece (less then 1/2 of a full piece)helped. I cooked it at about 400 or maybe just a little more.
    New Bob

• Buckiquer
    Buckiquer Posts: 24
    Options
    ravnhaus,
    Try putting a teaspoonful of roast garlic butter in the center of each patty.very tasty and juicy.