Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Two butts are better than one

Options
Wardster
Wardster Posts: 1,006
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have two 8lb butts going on Mr. Egg today. I wish for them to be ready around 8 tomorrow. Should I allow for extra time because there are two of them? I was planning on putting them on around 6ish. If they are done early, how long will they keep wrapped in foil and packed in towells in a cooler?
Thanks to all

Apollo Beach, FL

Comments

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    Wardster,[p]Take the largest butt and gauge your time by this one. I tend to add 1 extra hour when cooking multiple butts. [p]The timing will totally depend on your cooking temp. I cook everything at 225º and it takes around 2hr./lb. So, your timing may be a bit off....Start at 6pm and an 8 lb. butt will finish 16 hours later which puts it at 10am.[p]With butts, you can add on several hours of leeway and you will be fine. [p]I have kept butts HOT for over 6 hours when foiled, wrapped in towel and placed in a newspaper lined ice chest.[p]Stogie