Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Cook on the NEW Small!!

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well..hadda bore you w/some pix of my new babee!!...I pained over this decision for months..finally bit the bullet today and bought me a SBGE to go w/my L..
5a57574f.jpg

Loaded an waitin....sayin 'Lite ME!'...'Lite ME!'..ain't she purdy??...all clean and white and smooth?? B)
c238c1c9.jpg

first cook decided to Keep It Simple Stupid...had some burgers;
ae1a0ea2.jpg
I have found NEW lub!!... :woohoo: :woohoo: First impression...the SBGE RAWKS!!! :lol::lol: ..couda easily gotten 8-10 burgers on it..and these babies are 1/4 lb prime chuck each :ohmy: :ohmy: B)

Comments

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    I hate you!! I want one so bad I can taste it. Just bought wife 08 Pathfinder so funds a little tight. Congrats! ;) Hope you enjoy. I will soon!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Oh they look so pretty when they're new. I gotta buy another one. The small gets to temperature fast doesn't it

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Eggtucky
    Options
    hehe JL...you'll get it bud..be patient!!..and yeah..I only put like 10 or 15 chunks of lump in there and it was to 500 in no time!!..
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Like to welcome the newest addition to your family. The small is high on my list now to go with the 2 larges. Hope you work out the problem of not playing favorites (1 Egg gets mad if I use it more than the other). The neighbors love me trying to keep both kids happy but the wife is afraid another will break the food budget :woohoo: . The burgers look great.

Pat
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Thx Pat..yeah we made a lil ceremony out of it..my son..24 was here so we made a couple of drinks and I loaded the lump and let him do the ceremonial first lighting..hehehe..then we ate hell outta them burgers!!... :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Congratulations on the new addition! Be sure to show some love for the LBGE, man. I still refer to mine as #1, because it truly is the most flexible of the two, but I really REALLY like the SBGE alot. It took a few cooks to get it looking right, too. I did a bunch of high temp and low-n-slows to get the inside all black like the LBGE. To me, it just doesn't look used enough with the clean interior, so I really made a concerted effort to get the thing dirty like #1.

I'm happy for you, and you'll come to realize how much you'll use both of them at the same time. It's the only way to go!
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    I am jealous, I'd love to have a small to go with the large. I've only had mine for two weeks and have cooked on it 9 times. The whole family has had meat sweats for days from eating so much. I feel like I've eaten "the ole 96er". (John Candy)

Happy Eggin
    JoJo
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Thx BB...your and others persistent posting about the virtues of the SBGE definitely played into my final decision...and I have plans for both so #1 wont get ignored...starting tomorrow I've got 9 lbs of chuck roast and about 12 lbs of pork butt to smoke overnight..plan on using the SBGE tomorrow evening for pizza..gonna cook 2 pies...then Sunday I'm doing a pot of Brunswick stew for a family get together..so they will both be WELL used and the small will be broke in and seasoned by the end of the week!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Great!

I dedicate my S to baking and veggies -- Have had trouble baking apply pie on the M with carry-over stinkies... even after hot burns to clean thing out.

But... I suppose nothing's as hard to bake "clean" as apple pie...

Have fun!

~ Broc
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Very cool. I love my small.
    Congrats.
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • ThrRoff
    ThrRoff Posts: 169
    Options
    Those burgers look good. I use my small mostly as a mean grilling machine. A couple of flat irons pretty much fill it up.

Flatiron1.jpg
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    Little Steven wrote:
    Oh they look so pretty when they're new. I gotta buy another one. The small gets to temperature fast doesn't it

Steve

well steve call me and i'll be glad to hook you up with a new one!!LOL
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    Congrats, you will love it. I got a small to compliment large this summer. It was a staple in lot R before and after Titans games. I still use the LBGE more at home but it sure is nice to have both!
    Enjoy,
    Walt
  • Pork Butt Mike
    Pork Butt Mike Posts: 2,584
    Options
    Awesome bud, wish you a lot of great cooks with it. I am getting jealous now. I can't get mine till next weekend at the Egg Fest and can't wait. I finish my new table for it today. So I am all set.
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Thanks Mike..yeah my next big project now is to build cabinets to hold them.. :pinch:
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    We must be close Walt..I live about an hour north of Nashville..actually about 45 mins from Rivergate...havent made it to a Titans game..keep planning to... :blink: :blink:
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    A fitting cristening, Eggtucky. Congrats on the new Egg.
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    Options
    I live in the Green Hills area and own a liquor store at I-65 and Harding Place. Been a season ticket holder since first season in'99. This was my first with the EGG.
    Walt
  • dhuffjr
    dhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    Options
    I cooked burgers on my small's first cook as well.

Burgers and dogs. Something ya just gotta have sometimes.
  • Wasted Words
    Options
    Congrats! Like PBM I pick mine up at the Eggfest in two weeks. I'll have to come up with a worthy first cook. Ummmm, Brats & Italian Sausage... ;)
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Pssst The Florida Eggfest is in ONE week. You wait two you'll miss it. :woohoo:
  • Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Hey Broc - My small that I purchased at last year's Eggtoberfest has only been used for pies, steak fries, and other "clean" foods. At some point I'll break down and do something greasy, stinky, etc; however, it is tempting to keep it clean for those items sensitive to picking up unwanted flavors.

Roudy
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Glad to see I'm not alone ...

Oh -- affirmation!

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I needed that!

:laugh: :) :laugh: :) :laugh: :) :laugh:
  • Eggtucky
    Options
    Sounds like a good strategy...but I havent come across a flavor on an egg yet that was 'unwanted' ;) :blink:
  • Is the mini too small to be practical? I am in the middle of weighing mini vs. small. Also, is that a lighting system on your large - details please - looks interesting. Thanks in advance.
  • Is the mini too small to be practical? I am in the middle of weighing mini vs. small. Also, is that a lighting system on your large - details please - looks interesting. Thanks in advance.