Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Baby Backs meet Yellow Mustard

Options
ravnhaus
ravnhaus Posts: 311
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I cooked some baby backs and explored the cheap yellow mustard goop technique. The ribs were quite good although I am not convinced the mustard made a whole lot of difference in taste or moisture content.
However watching the mustard disappear was interesting.
To see the results check out the link below.

[ul][li]Baby Backs meet Mustard[/ul]

Comments

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Options
    ravnhaus, The idea of the mustard is to apply a 'thin' coating of mustard and a 'heavier' application of rub.
    The end result will provide a 'crust' effect on the meat.
    When I do this process, there is no visible sign of mustard after the rub is applied and prior to cooking....But hey, your ribs look awesome using your process.[p]Marv

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    ravnhaus,[p]this is your best work to date. [p]did you see a post by a guy calling himself rumrunner on that "other" board where he cuts up a spare rib, so that it looks like a baby back? I tried it and it saved me a few pennies[p]Might have to do spares this week and see if I catch the same magic.[p]CB
  • ravnhaus,[p]So how did the lemon go with the ribs? I've never tried that.. BTW that's a lot of mustard... I'm surprised the ribs weren't pickled...
    [/b]
  • Gloria
    Gloria Posts: 161
    Options
    ravnhaus,
    I, too, want to know about the lemon in your scrumptious-looking photo! Have eaten a whole lot of ribs in my time but have never eaten them with lemon but after seeing your pic, I am thinking that it just might be awesome......I know a good hefty squirt of lemon in a freshly opened can of sardines elevates them to the gourmet level!

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Scottie,
    The wife uses lemon on everything. I just grabbed one for a little color on the plate. If she ate ribs she would use lemon on them.