Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

It's That Day Again!!!!

2»

Comments

• Hoss's BBQHoss's BBQ Posts: 435
    Yeah that was 30 ducks!! Yet tat is what I am trained for. They cooked at 225 for 5 hours then I raised the temp to 325 till the skin got crispier. Hope to see you soon are you going to make Danville? Hoss
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,352
    Oh yea!!! 8 - ),,,,
    ·
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 16,924
    thanks, i havent tried the green paste yet, sounds simple enough. the lemon grass might be tricky to get around here, but i think i saw some a few weeks back. ill give it a go soon.
    ·
  • MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    RRP wrote:
    This was by far the best meatloaf I've ever made even though I've followed this recipe for years. Was served along with fresh green beans and new potatoes. Super good supper!
    IMG_2222.jpg

BTW here's the link to that 2004 recipe - it rocks!!!
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/archives//2004/messages/129472.htm
    ok I could not stand it and took out ground beef and pork out of the freezer. this is whats for dinner! added one change as we like a tiny bit of brown sugar on top of our meat loaf under the bacon. I can't wait to try it and will post pics as it will be a woosday cook! it is fresh pork, thick bacon and beef from a local farm! yummy Julie
    ·
  • BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    Thanks for the pics. I'm copying them, for my g-kids to take to school to help explain "migration." They've never seen so many ducks in rows...you know... like how ducks fly when migrating!

~B

:)
    ·
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    That my friend is US prime on the hoof!! No artificial flavors or presurvitives! :woohoo:
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Outstanding shot of the bee! -RP
    ·
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    here is what i did this weekend

pizza

03-03-08001.jpg

Wess B's Unfried Chicken with jamacain firewalk

03-03-08009.jpg

and quesadias {sp}

03-03-08002.jpg

03-03-08008.jpg

B) B) B) B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

·
  • BjvanmBjvanm Posts: 25
    Now that's a knife!
    ·
    Hopefully, all o'em! : - )

Rascal
    ·
  • Good looking pizza.
    Frank
    ·
  • I did quesadillas too.
    Frank
    Quesadillas004.jpg
    ·
    Mario of TFN prepared a swiss chard tart last week. I tried it and was very happy with the results. Today, I baked it again using spinach and was very happy with the outcome. Here's a peek at the results: VeggieTart.jpg

Green Egg + Green Food = FUN!
    ·
  • Yes on Danville, though I will be an honorary DizzyPigger there rather than cooking my own stuff (Chris needed an extra pair of hands). See you there.

Brett
    ·
  • vidalia1vidalia1 Posts: 7,091
    My Woosday cook...
    chicken breast stuffed with ham & provolone wrapped in bacon and splashed w dizzy dust...cooked indirect on small bge at 400 degree for 40 minutes...way juicy B)

IMG_0224.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0227.jpg

The food was great but you gotta love paper plates & holders...the bread is leftover No Knead bread.... :P

Kim Youngblood
    (aka vidalia1)
    Lawrenceville, GA
    ·
  • WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Thanks, Mr. Price. :~)

Waldorf?

john
    ·
  • Excellent
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    Can I have a bite,

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 192
    Spatchcocked chicken is our favorite way to go now too!

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/JimboBQ/3spatchcocked.jpg[/IMG]
    Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
    ·
  • JimboBQJimboBQ Posts: 192
    Sorry about that! I hope the pic makes it this time.....
    Spartanburg, SC - 1 Large, 1 Small, 1 MiniMax and a Mini. I may have a problem...
    ·