Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Tonights dinner

BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
edited 2:51PM in EggHead Forum
This turned out great and easy. Chipoltli and lime marinaded chicken skewers with a steakhouse salad with blue cheese. Cooked direct over a 425/450 fire for about 20 minutes. Used green peppers, onions, and cherry tomatos along with the chicken. My wife loved it. Good luck, Tom Chipoltlilimeskewers2.jpg Chipoltlilimeskewers3.jpg

• JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Looks delicious, Tom. Kebabs always make a meal special.
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Agree! They are easy to do and tast great. Actually good for you with the yard bird for meat and the vegs. ;)
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Thanks for the pics Tom, looks great! -RP
  • That looks goood. Nice Tomat-oohs.
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    That looks great, Tom! I was going to skewer the shrimp I did last night, but ran out of time to prepare as my wife was going to be heading out to work.
  • Whats your technique on how you turn those skewers?
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    I was thinking about bbq chicken for tonight. You changed my mind. I haven't tried kebobs on the egg. Nice battle scarred gasket too.
  • BajaTomBajaTom Posts: 1,269
    I just use a pair of tongs to turn. I know some of the meat/veggieis turn and don't cooperate. It's their fault if they burn. They should know better then to twist and turn. I turn 3 or 4 times so things don't burn too badly. Good luck, tom
    It's original to the egg. There is some contention on the ownership issue. I think I've had my egg for 12 years and my wife says 11. I know my wife is older than I am but she says she is younger. Anyway as someone said on this forum (Fishlessman) the gasket is over rated. Good luck, Tom
  • KyleKyle Posts: 156
    That looks great !
    We are expecting snow so I suspect I will not be doing that for a few days, but it is among the top on my list.

Thank you for the great pics.
    The egg works great in the snow. It's much more efficent then an old metal gaser. Try it and you will never be weather challegened again. Good luck, Tom Egginginthesnow.jpg