Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Measure once cook quicker!

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
LOL getting all set for last nights dinner and had the salmon ready to go on the small egg. Never gave it a thought as to if the plank would fit! opened little egg up and tried to put on the salmon. NO GO. So if you are using a smaller egg make sure the planks fit BEFORE you load them up. I had to scrap of the fish, run to the shop, cut off two inches and put it all back together! I think hubby has a little Ragin River and mayo on the band saw :kiss: But it was worth it. We will do this again! ( on the shorter planks ) Julie
SALMON.jpg

Comments

• Mainegg
    Options
    I cut the plank not :blush: the fish
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    um...
    you cook...
    can use the Egg...
    and a band saw...
    safely...

I think I'm going to cry.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    I'm a "Hooker" too :blush:
    Picture130Small.jpg
    these are some of my rugs :P
  • mikeb6109
    mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    Options
    nice work. the salmon also looks good. send me an email if you have a website for your rugs! looks like something my wife would love!
    just use my email in my profile.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Do you clean fish as well? :laugh:
    Do you have a boat? :laugh:

Nice Salmon - A little seasoning and mayo will spice up that blade. Next time you use the saw it may ask for extra mayo. :lol:
  • Longknocker
    Options
    I went to the trouble to log in and go through the rigamaroll just to type this-LOL!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Good story! Glad this sort of thing happens to someone other than me!

Question- When you plank the salmon, is it skin on or skin off - or does it matter?

I picked up some planks on Saturday so now I can start to experiment.

thanks!
  • Mainegg
    Options
    Hi Bob I leave the skin on and do it skin down. I rub a little EVO on the plank and put on the fish then the sauce. If you remove the fish as soon as it is done cooking and wipe clean it can be used again.
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    Nice rugs. Do you sell them? Do you have a website? eBay? I know several people who would like them.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    Michael B wrote:
    Nice rugs. Do you sell them? Do you have a website? eBay? I know several people who would like them.
    We sell the supplies to make your own. I do have a site but don't know if I can post it? don't want to offend with any "hooker spam" LOL We are in Maine and are the largest supplier in the country for traditional rug hooking. we import our own linen for the backing and design all of our own patterns and make our own frames and fancy handled hooks. We also dye all the wool fabric to achieve the colors we like to use. We bring in national teachers twice a year and hold large workshops. We also host a rug hooking cruise once a year. being a hooker is hard work! :blush: Julie