Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

concrete countertops

Options
c tredwell
c tredwell Posts: 575
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
info and pics on concrete countertops for your egg available---e-mail me with mailing address, cause i can't figure out how to post pics on the site...sorry, i'm a computer dummy

Comments

• KickapooBBQ
    Options
    The problem with concrete counter tops is the skill it takes to make it level and true. You have to make a good form both true and level, then pour the 'crete and hope that it sets up uniform, if it doesn't....then it cracks in half. Much easier and cost effective to use wood.
  • Michael B
    Michael B Posts: 986
    Options
    But they sure are nice when done right.
    Doug's hammer drill idea was a good one.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    Thank you very much.I know that concrete needs to be vibrated to remove air bubbles.The hammerdrill is the only thing I could think of.I built my form so that the finished surface is on the bottom.I have tried it both ways.I got a smoother finish this way because I'm not good at finishing concrete.I hope mine comes out as good as the test pieces.If not,I'm only out a few bucks worth of concrete and lumber. :woohoo: