Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Q School

Frozen Chosen
Frozen Chosen Posts: 131
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Somehow, I got a flyer in the mail about a barbeque school March 26-31 at the Greenbrier resort in WV. Its a ways from Alaska, so I'm out, but it sure sounds interesting. Instructors include Jim Budros, S. Raichlen (Barbeque Bible), K.C. Masterpiece's R. Davis (on sauce and rubs), and a swarm of chefs. They cover everything from butts, ribs, & brisket to Tuscan grilled pizza and grilled banana splits. Also equipment, meat cutting, beers for barbeques, and there's a golf course. Maybe we could all put in 5 bucks and send a BGE "plant".

Comments

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Frozen Chosen,[p]I e-mailed you the $5...and I'd like to volunteer to be the "plant" hehe

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    bruce5.jpg
    <p />Frozen Chosen,
    "Allow me to take a minute aand take a knee from my performance here....
    We shall not send them a 'BGE plant', and whatever your delerious suggestions...we shall invite them to EGGFEST2000 and challenge us..."
    PS "i also hear you do not like my references here...HEEEEEEEEE!{guitar}...I tell you what...you may not know ROCK N ROLL as the WORLD knows! {guitar}>>> HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!(that one was for your folks in Asbury Park, NJ!!!!)

• BluesnBBQ
    BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
    The Augusta Heritage Center, in Elkins, WV, has a couple of barbecue classes in the summer. You can read about them here:[p]http://www.augustaheritage.com/folklife.html#Southern Barbecue Cooking[p]I have a lot of friends who go to Augusta every summer for Blues Week. Some of them have learned that the best way to eat well there is to make friends with the barbecue students and instructors early in the week. :-)[p]