Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Spare ribs

Options
Ray
Ray Posts: 59
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I was looking for a recipe and setup to do spare ribs.
Cooking time would also be helpful. I was unable to make the archives work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks-Ray

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Ray , try these

[ul][li]JJ's Ribs[/ul]
  • Big Gr-Eg
    Options
    Wise One,[p]Or these... <g>
    [ul][li]My Favorite Rib Recipe[/ul]
  • Trout Bum
    Trout Bum Posts: 343
    Options
    Ray ,
    My best ever were done as follows:
    Mix equal measures of Buttermilk and cheap French's Mustard (for two slabs about 1 cup of each) and 1/3 to 1/2 cup of JJ's rub.
    Mix it all up and slather all over the ribs.
    Then put them in zip locks and refrigerate overnight.
    Cook indirect for 1 hour at 250 and then 2 hours at 325.
    Bast with favorite BBQ sauce and cook for another 15-20 minutes till sauce is the way you like it..
    Cooking times may vary, you're 2 hour at 325 may be +/- depends on the ribs.
    B D

• Buck
    Buck Posts: 21
    Options
    Ray ,[p]I cooked spare ribs today, and mine went like this.[p]Full rack cut in half, marinade for 12 hours in 3 cups water, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper.[p]Place sitter feet up with drip pan on sitter, and rack above. Placed ribs on vertical rack for 1/2 hr @ 250 with heavy apple, and cherry smoke, then 2 hrs @ 300 with light apple, cherry, and hickory smoke.[p]Slathered homemade sauce after cook. [p]They were great.