Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saving/Refreezing a marinated steak?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Today we thawed three filets and marintated them. Our son decided he was going out at the last minute (don't ask) and now I don't know what to do with the extra filet. My first inclination is to eat it. :-)[p]Second is to cook it and let him eat it tomorrow.[p]Third, I am wondering about refreezing it and cooking it later.[p]Does anyone have any experience freezing marinated meat?[p]Thanks, and advise me in a hurry, the steaks will go on in twenty minutes. :-)[p]Fritz

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    08_07_0017_52_02.jpg
    <p />Fritz Gutwein, I wouldn't refreeze... just think about how nice a lillt steak would be for breakfast tomorrow!

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    Fritz Gutwein,
    Cook it and then freeze it. Just did that with an extra flank steak (2 in the package). When thawed and warmed, it was as good as the first one. Hope your son had something better to do than good wood fired cooking (might be an age and hormone thing)
    Regards,
    Marvin