Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Any way to repair a broken placesetter?

EgginDawgEgginDawg Posts: 747
edited 2:57PM in EggHead Forum
After tonights cook and clean I was storing my gear when I leaned my placesetter into my Egg with all the weight on one of the legs. Suddenly the leg broke! :(
Any way to repair this?

Comments

• BlueSmokeBlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    JB Quick-Weld It's an expoxy available at Ace Hardware and similar stores.

In the past, some have cautioned about using epoxies in proximity to heat and food. I don't understand their argument, and so use my epoxied plate setter whenever the need arises.

Ken
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    JB Weld so far it's still holding. Leg broke in 3 pieces

platesetter.jpg

100_1600.jpg
  • My placesetter is blacker than black. I'll get me some JB Weld and give it a shot. Thanks!
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    My dealer / friend gave it to me. He used gorilla glue and it fell apart. started with 1 crack then had to glue all back together but have used since then for alot of low & slows & will try Pizza's soon just to see how it holds up as it's a spare.

Pat