Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Chicken Breasts, Lentils, Rice, & Beer Bread

gthomgthom Posts: 36
edited 4:09AM in EggHead Forum
Chicken Breasts done at 550 direct for about 5-6 minutes per side with DP Tsunami Spin......quite possibly the best tasting and juiciest I've ever had.

Beer Bread - made the dough in the breadmaker, baked in oven since Egg was busy.

108853147_o.jpg

Took a photo of the eclipse the other night. It was pretty cloudy out, so my exposure time on my Nikon D40 took a while. Had to try to hold the camera steady (didn't feel like pulling out the tripod). Wound up with a pretty cool photo.....looks like there's an egghead doing low & slow smoke on the moon...
108853139_o.jpg

Comments

• Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    What recipe did you use for your beer bread?
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    I'm like Bean. It all looks good but want the recipe for bread. I use Trex no knead on the Egg and its idiot proof but looking for a simple recipe thats crust is not so tough. I like a chewie crust but some folks don't.
  • gthomgthom Posts: 36
    I put it in the breadmaker in the following order:

1 cup beer (room temperature)
    1/3 cup water
    2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    3 cups bread flour (and make an indentation for the rest of the ingredients)
    1/2 teaspoons sea salt (or regular salt if you don't have sea salt)
    3 tablespoons turbinado sugar
    2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast

I set it on 1+1/2 pound loaf size dough cycle

I have been using EVOO to oil my mat and hands, instead of flour. I don't know if this makes the crust softer, but it has been pretty chewy, as opposed to crisp.

Take the dough out and punch it down, shape into a single loaf (or 4 little small round loafs, like I do).

Let the dough rise again (or if you can't wait, go ahead and throw it in the oven - still turns out very good).

Rub a little flour on the outside for that fancy bakery fresh look.

Cut a little design in the top skin for even more fanciness (and to let the bread expand).

Hope that you remembered to preheat your oven or egg to 350.

Bake for about 30 minutes or until your crust is the desired color/crispiness.

I've tried Budweiser and Corona. Bud definitely had a better taste. Kind of has a sourdough taste. Taste great even the next day heated up with a little butter spread on it!!!!
  • Looks tasty! I'm going to make jerk chicken with boneless thighs today, so it's good to know the temp/times you posted. I'm guessing the thighs could handle about the same, maybe a minute less.

Thanks and have a great weekend!
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This