Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Enchaladas

Options
nikkig
nikkig Posts: 514
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We have a couple of big birds on now, and I thought I'd use the leftovers for enchaladas tomorrow. Has anyone ever tried this, and how did it turn out?

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    nikkig, try following that pulled pork enchilada recipe and see what it's like. I've been thinking of trying that myself but if you do it first, I won't have to. :-)

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Wise One,
    I planned on using the pulled pork recipe in the archives, and tweak it just a little (chicken instead of pork, jalapenos instead of green chilies, and no pimentos). I am making them tomorrow, so I will be sure to let you know how it is. Might even get fancy and post a picture with it :-)

• Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    nikkig,[p]I made them Monday for dinner. I used some beef brisket I had and they were very delicious. Not sure exactly what recipe I was using....I have seen 2. The one I made mixed the sour cream in with the enchilida sauce and all the meat and cheese and enchilida sauce is mixed in one big pot.[p]Anyway, very, very good and we will make again. This will work great with pork or chicken and even ground beef.[p]I did screw up and didn't make my own enchilida sauce...the store-bought stuff sucked. Next time for sure.[p]Stogie