Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thermopen

Options
Pooter
Pooter Posts: 28
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Where is the best place to purchase a Thermopen?

Comments

• TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Options
    You can get a refurbished thermapen from Thermoworks for $49 with a six month warranty or you can get a new one from Mollyshark who posts here on the forum. Thermoworks also sells new for $89 each I believe. The new thermometers all have a year warranty.
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Some have gone direct to thermoworks & even bought refurbished. I got mine from MollyShark here on the forum and have been very happy.
    Pat
  • AlwaysGolf
    Options
    You can order it directly from Thermoworks.com. Can call them and ask if they have any refurbished ones which are about half the cost. Or you can ping a forum member named mollyshark and see if she has any available. I hear she has them for a good price.

Boy I have been spending too much time on this forum beginning to sound like I know what I am talking about :laugh:
  • mollyshark
    mollyshark Posts: 1,519
    Options
    You DO know what you're talking about. I have some that just came in, so bug me if you're in the market.

mShark
  • I just ordered a refurb. from Thermoworks on the 20th. It was 30% off or $62.30 plus $4.93 UPS shipping.They had both red and grey at that time.I don' know what it takes to get the $49 deal but this is what I got.
    Jim
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    hmm..dunno low tech..I ordered a refurb on the 13th (dog chewed up my new one!!)..and it was $49 plus $8.12 shipping.. B)
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    $49 was the price as of last Tue. or Wed. Wonder why they increased the price on the Refirbs. $62.30 is getting in the area where new might be better ot buy new from a dealer.

Before the price increase I paid over $100 from Thermoworks directly.

Fred's Guitar & BBQ is at $89. From what I read Molly Shark has an excellent discount and very good shipping tunaround.

No matter, you will like the improvment the Thermopen will add to your cookin.

GG
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Prolly had so many eggheads calling to buy the refurbs they figured they could sell them for more :angry:
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Most likely.

They could possibly taknig new stock, discounting them as referbs, to keep the bucks in house - on the other hand, unless a therompen could be bought directly from the mfg in the UK, here Thermoworks is going to get some $ out of each unit.

GG
  • Mollyshark - how do I get in touch with you to order a thermopen. I am new to the forum. Thanks.
    Bob