Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Note to Spring Chicken

Options
Frank from Houma
Frank from Houma Posts: 5,755
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Holy flashback! Thank goodness they were able to band everything up and you didn’t lose any parts.

I suspect while contemplating the incident your dome temp approached TRex levels while on your way to the cooler with your wiggle rods double wrapped for conservation. At least your ash tool holder cracks will mend themselves to a like new condition under the warranty provisions from the mothership. It is quite understandable that fire ring words were escaping your top vent but at least you didn’t flip your daisy wheel or blow a gasket. It must be the Guru that kept your thermometer from throwing a lump. Keep your rain cap on and your raised grid held high buddy, and be advised that the nightly functions you perform are Eggly appreciated. Rest assured that Rodney will be as sturdy as a Dutch Oven on a Cast Iron Grate working OT to keep an eye on the Egg Nest within the Coop. And no doubt if you listen to your gratemate, Spring Hen, your butt will be 100% in a brisket. Following the advice of your paella will ensure that you are not spatchcocked with a peel on a whiz table.

Now ain’t that just ceramic.

Get well quick

Comments

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Yea,,Just what Frank said. :) . Looking forward to meeting you at the Fla Eggfest if you can still make it. Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Pat
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    An' be sure to take real good care-a them paellas... or are they paellos..?
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    ROTFLMAO! Sounds like a Hallmark card to me. I think you must have used about 60% of the most popular words on the Forum. That's cool.

All I could come up with after reviewing the events from Tuesday was, "Finger Bone connected to the Hand Bone... (Thanks to catgut), Hand Bone connected to the ......."

Inasmuch as the three fingers affected are the same three that are sometimes used to point out shortcomings in other people's driving skills, I may have to stop advising them altogether.

Spring "Advisor To Drivers" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Thankx. Same here. Oh I'll be there alright but I may have to make use of plenty of rum to help ward off infection, ice to reduce swelling, and Coke to power my Giddy-Up-And-Go.

Spring "Git-Up-And-Go-Got-Up-And-Went" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Pesky little critters, those Paellas. I had no idea they could be cooked up and eaten.

Spring "Better Paellas Than Snipes" Chicken
  • ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Good one Frank!,
    Thats a great post, and Spring, you know he gotcha on that one. :laugh:
    But I am sorry to hear about your accident, table saws scare the bejeebers out of me, cause they bite real hard, and with no warning!. I've seen it many times, so my best to the chicken and hope he is back to normal as quickly as possible, and posting about all his adventures soon.
    Later
    ron.
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    That was one great post! It's hard to keep that carbon unit in line while I am at work, but he sure better watch out once I retire in 679 days, 0 hours, 24 minutes. (Countdown thanks to Celtic Wolf).

Spring "counting the days to watch over my chicken" Hen
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA