Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
photo?photo_id=683976
<p />I am so proud of myself I thought I would share it with y'all. I put some ribs on this morning so I could have them for lunch. They are still about an hour away but they look and smell mighty good. Soaked overnight in Buttermilk goop. Indirect @ 250° with a couple of chunks of damp pecan wood and slathered with some Bone Sucking Sauce notched up with a heaping helping of Wild Turkey to liven it up. I have a good feeling about this one. Lets see if I can remember how to post a photo now. [p]Spring Chicken

Comments

• Ca_rnivore
    Ca_rnivore Posts: 120
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]Hoo boy! Them ribs look mighty fine. I just did a batch of ribs in the buttermilk goop yesterday. They were mighty good. I had to fight with my brother over the last few, so that I could have some for breakfast this morning![p]Enjoy,
    Kevin[p]

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Options
    Spring Chicken, Man, those sure have some beautiful color to them.
    I was looking in the freezer for something to cook for tonights supper and found 3 large salmon filets that needed to be used......So I am again feeding the neighbors......they have to fix their own side dishes though.
    Marv

• nikkig
    nikkig Posts: 514
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Well...my eyesight must be going, I can't see a picture
    :-(, just a pretty red X.
    We plan on doing our first ribs here in a couple of days. I hope ours turn out as good as everyone says they are. We will be sure to post our results! Did simple dogs and burgers tonight. Yum yum!

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    nikkig,
    Sorry about the red X. Apparently I still don't have the photo posting part down pat yet. However, if you will left click the X and go to Properties, click and copy the URL and paste it on your search bar you'll get to see it. For most, it's too much trouble. My fault. I just gotta learn how to do it right.
    By the way, the ribs were pretty good.[p]Spring Chicken

• nikkig
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Thanks on the info how to see the picture. Those look like some yummy ribs!! I can't wait to try ours, probably Tuesday or Wednesday. [p]On a side note...I grew up in Spring, Tx. Small world, huh.

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    image-display?photo_id=683976&size=md
    <p />nikkig,
    Hey!!! I knew I would run across someone who knew where Spring Texas was. I live just off I-45 @ Cypresswood (near the old Goodyear Blimp Base). Been here since 1987. Might stay awhile. Kinda like it. Where do you hang out now-a-days?
    I've been working on the picture posting thing and I believe I have it down pat this time. Gonna try again then I'm hit'n the sack. [p]Spring Chicken[p]

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    Bingo![p]SC

• nikkig
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    I grew up in Terra Nova from 77-84, we then moved up to West Virginia, where I live now. My parents moved back to Memorial Northwest from 87-just a few years ago. I also lived in North Forest (I think thats the name of it) in 73-74. I loved it down there, and would move back in a heartbeat if I had the chance.

• Spring Chicken,
    Will somebody please post information about this buttermilk mixture. I did my first ribs this weekend, simple rub and slow and low,the kids loved it, and I am now rib crazed. I want to do ribs all the time. Did baby back this time, and would love suggestions about thicker, meatier ribs if anybody has some. Thanks in advance to all of the great people that post here. It is great!

• Ca_rnivore,[p]Hay Kevin... how are ya doing ? :)[p]Just wondering... this butter milk goop ... it's JJ's Rub and enough buttermilk to cover and an overnight sit in the frig. am I correct ? [p]I tried butter milk on a chicken... but I dont think I let it soak long enough... couldn't tell any difference really. [p]Anyway.. hope all is well :) Going to try some Char Crust on steaks for the first time tonite... lots of people rave about that stuff and a friend gave me some as a gift... cant wait.[p]Happy BBQ'ing BB