Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tender Loin Marinade

Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm back with another question, surprised? I didn't think so. Here's the deal, my wife and I have organized a supper club, and everyone is coming to our house on Saturday night. I haven't had time to make it to Sams on a meat hunt, so I'm stuck with what's in the freezer: I have 2 packages of pork tenderloins -- you know, the lil' ones that feed a couple or three folks? Anyhow, I'm wondering how I should marinate them. Normally, I would wash them, pat dry, throw in a ziplock and add olive oil, garlic, onion power, basil, corinder, thyme, and some black pepper. Oh, and maybe some WAR-CHEST-ER sauce aka worchestershire or something like that.[p]I've been reading all the posts about brining and have thought about trying it. I haven't found any kosher salt though. will non-iodized work? How long should I let these brine? Should I marinate/rub after brining?[p]Thanks, in advance, for your help and for saving my rear! I gotta keep the new wife happy with me and the EGG.[p]B~F

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Bama Fire,
    I cooked the Bourbon Pork Tenderloin with Sour Cream and Mustard Sauce last week that Bryan posted in the new recipe section,it was great and looked good on the serving tray.Good Luck.
    YB

• Bama Fire
    Bama Fire Posts: 267
    YB,
    Looking good on the serving tray will be of UTMOST importance to my new bride. Taste will be important as well, but not nearly as important as looks. (she worked several years for Southern Living Magazine.) ouch.[p]Thanks for the tip![p]B~F

• Bama Fire, if your platter presentation is judged, you're outa-here dude. Does she know you are from the south. Okay,, here's what you got to do. Always be sloppy when you prepare and cook. Never be like Emeril. Go overboard with the un-tidy kitchen thing. That'll give her something to adjust in your nature. Wives always need to think there is something about their husbands that they have changed. Ever-once-in-a-while,, say to her "taste of this honey and tell me what it needs". They love that! And you do pick up some good hints too. Then be sneaky with your platter presentation. Sneak in a well garnished setting out of the blue occasionally. Everyone tells me that tenderloin is not for brining. Pork loin, on the other hand is. I know. I did it. And if you ask my guests that were present for that one,, they will tell you that I'm the best cook they have ever seen. HeeHee! When they asked me how I learned that,, I told them that I had known about brining all my life. (I forgot to tell them that Cat had taught me,,, but I will tell them eventually) Probably a sauce or coating like YB said is best for such a tender morsel. Have confidence my friend. Your heritage and the EGG will make you shine..

• Bama Fire, here's a good one that I've done several
    times. You can't miss with it.[p]Herb-Marinated Pork Tenderloin with Maple-Mustard
    Sauce[p]2 pork tenderloins (about 2 1/2 lbs)
    5 bay leaves
    1 tsp ground cloves
    1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
    1 tsp ground nutmeg
    1 tsp ground thyme
    1/2 tsp ground allspice
    1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
    1/2 tsp dried basil
    1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
    1/ tsp salt
    Good-quality olive oil
    1 recipe Maple-Mustard Sauce (see recipe below) [p]Mix all dry ingredients and rub into meat. Cover and
    chill several hours. Preheat
    your pit to 375 deg. Bring meat to room temp and rub
    generously with the oil, and roast for 1 hr, or until
    internal temp
    reaches 150 deg (I prefer 135-140 deg for juicier med
    rare). Slice and serve with the sauce. [p]Maple-Mustard Sauce [p]3/4 cup pure Vermont maple syrup
    1/2 cup Dijon mustard [p]Whisk together the syrup and mustard and serve at
    room temp with the pork. [p]Yield: 6 to 8 servings. [p]Credits: The Innkeepers Collection
    Cookbook---Windham Hll Inn