Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Butterflied Chicken question

Options
Vegas Slim
Vegas Slim Posts: 166
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i have a HUGE 6 pound chicken i am doing butterflied on the grill sunday my question is and it may be a stupid 1 is that the chicken has a pop up timer...will this be ok? should i trust it? thank you

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Vegas Slim,[p]Ignore the pop-up. If you have an instant-read thermometer, shoot for about 165 in the breast - and let the bird rest for 20 minutes after you take it off before you carve. [p]Butterflied big chix on the Egg are terrific - enjoy![p]Cathy

• Vegas Slim
    Vegas Slim Posts: 166
    Options
    Cat,thank you appreciate the help

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Cat,

So good to see you post!... How have you been?[p]Are you planning on Eggfest? and I've gotta ask... what's for dinner? :~)[p]WD[p]

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Hiya WD -[p]I've been great, just busy - lots going on, including a whole-pig roast my boss is hosting at the end of the month. I'm hoping the chief chef (Daniel Boulud, no less) will let me help out with the prep work. [p]My plans to be at Eggfest went awry. Turns out my family will be in town that weekend, and that happens so seldom I don't want to miss it.[p]What's for dinner? Probably butterflied chicken...how about you?[p]Cathy
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Hey Cat,

I'm sorry to hear you won't be able make Eggfest... our loss! I agree with your priorities, though, as family always comes first. :~)[p]The pig roast sounds like a lot of fun. How big da pig? On what type of unit will it be cooked? Indoor or out?[p]Dinner for me was going to be leftover pizza from a couple monster non-egg pies I made last night. But with all this talk about ribs lately... I can freeze the pizza and still have time get to the store, prep and eat the porksickles by a decent hour. hhhhhmmmmmmmm[p]WD

• char buddy
    char buddy Posts: 562
    Options
    Cat,[p]I'm crushed. Eggfest w/o cat - it just doesn't make any sense. [p]I was thinking of bring a jerk, butterflied chicken to the fest for your comment, etc. [p]CB