Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Butterflied Chicken question

Vegas SlimVegas Slim Posts: 166
edited 3:50AM in EggHead Forum
i have a HUGE 6 pound chicken i am doing butterflied on the grill sunday my question is and it may be a stupid 1 is that the chicken has a pop up timer...will this be ok? should i trust it? thank you
·

Comments

• CatCat Posts: 556
    Vegas Slim,[p]Ignore the pop-up. If you have an instant-read thermometer, shoot for about 165 in the breast - and let the bird rest for 20 minutes after you take it off before you carve. [p]Butterflied big chix on the Egg are terrific - enjoy![p]Cathy

·
  • Vegas SlimVegas Slim Posts: 166
    Cat,thank you appreciate the help

·
  • WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Cat,

So good to see you post!... How have you been?[p]Are you planning on Eggfest? and I've gotta ask... what's for dinner? :~)[p]WD[p]

·
  • CatCat Posts: 556
    Hiya WD -[p]I've been great, just busy - lots going on, including a whole-pig roast my boss is hosting at the end of the month. I'm hoping the chief chef (Daniel Boulud, no less) will let me help out with the prep work. [p]My plans to be at Eggfest went awry. Turns out my family will be in town that weekend, and that happens so seldom I don't want to miss it.[p]What's for dinner? Probably butterflied chicken...how about you?[p]Cathy
    ·
  • WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Hey Cat,

I'm sorry to hear you won't be able make Eggfest... our loss! I agree with your priorities, though, as family always comes first. :~)[p]The pig roast sounds like a lot of fun. How big da pig? On what type of unit will it be cooked? Indoor or out?[p]Dinner for me was going to be leftover pizza from a couple monster non-egg pies I made last night. But with all this talk about ribs lately... I can freeze the pizza and still have time get to the store, prep and eat the porksickles by a decent hour. hhhhhmmmmmmmm[p]WD

·
  • char buddychar buddy Posts: 562
    Cat,[p]I'm crushed. Eggfest w/o cat - it just doesn't make any sense. [p]I was thinking of bring a jerk, butterflied chicken to the fest for your comment, etc. [p]CB

·