Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Warranty Submittal Date

Scubadog
Scubadog Posts: 100
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We've had our new XL for about 3 weeks now with no issues or problems. We purchased from a local dealer. I thought the warranty was implied providing that I could show proof of purchase. But I just now realized that there is a mail-in warranty card in the back of the Operating Manual / Cookbook. The card states that it be mailed in within 10 days of purchase. There was no mention of a 10 day period by the dealer or on the BGE website. So I'm mailing it today. Think I'll be covered??

Comments

• Not a problem. I neglected mine for a few months. Called mothership and they said mail it in no problem.
  • I don't think you have anything to worry about. I bought my large in 2001 from the Mothership and I haven't sent in my card yet. I bought a second large from Smitty-the-Smoker (Eggsbythebay.com) and haven't sent in that card either and that was two years ago. Smitty knows I bought it from him and in my mind that is more than enough.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    I've never sent any of mine in. -RP
  • Darnoc
    Darnoc Posts: 2,661
    Ditto that.I purchased a large in 2004 and another large in 2005.Had minor problem on both Eggs and nothing but extraordinary service from Atlanta.
  • Scubadog
    Scubadog Posts: 100
    Thanks for alI the responses. Sounds like I have no worries.

Also, I just received this e-mail from John at BGE

"Hey, I saw your post on the warranty card....not a problem just mail it in when
    you get the chance. We are very easy to get along with, to be honest all you
    really need is a reciept. If I can help you with anything feel free to call ".

Have a great week!

John

Now that's what I call CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!
  • Another voice from the sidelines that did not mail in the cards either. Large purchased from a local dealer 6 years ago and small from the store in Waldorf about 3 years ago. No problems so far.
    Larry
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • TXTriker
    TXTriker Posts: 1,177
    Y'all sure make me feel better. I emailed BGE Sunday afternoon and this morning I had email from John also saying to just send it in and how easy they were to work with. He said the receipt is the main thing we would need.

Nice to know I'm not alone about getting the card in the mail and thanks to John.