Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ribs

Options
Gandy Dancer
Gandy Dancer Posts: 273
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
How does BBQ ribs vacuum freeze and warm up.

Comments

• NibbleMeThis
    Options
    It's rather rare that we have any left over, but we have cooked too much before ;)

I have found it is easier to vac seal dry or "naked" ribs and they reheat nicely. It's not as good as straight from the pit, but it's a nice treat when you get home from work in the middle of the week and don't have 5-6 hours to make dinner!

Take care in reheating them. I like to remove them from the packaging, wrap in foil with just a smidgen* of sauce, and then reheat slowly in an oven for about an hour at 250f.

*That is a US smidgen....not metric :laugh: :P
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I reheat them in the vacuum bag in simmering water, they come out perfect. -RP
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    They do just fine! Double seal the vac bag so that you can safely warm them in simmering water. It may be neccessary to get some plastic wrap and wad it up to cushion the bag from the sharp edges of the bones. Even a small prick in the bag can cause bad results. :blush: You know what I meant. :whistle:
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    I plan on reheating brisket from yesterday in vacuum bags.

Sliced it this morning after being in the fridge all night
    101_2023640x480.jpg

Put about six slices per vacuum bag
    101_2025640x480.jpg

Added an ounce or two of coke to each bag and put them back in the fridge
    101_2026640x480.jpg

Haven't put them in the freezer yet, but I don't see why this wouldn't work. I would think this would work for ribs as well.