Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

new toy

Options
char buddy
char buddy Posts: 562
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
got my MickeyT temp rings. Can't wait to go play. For awhile some folks where reporting their results. would love to hear updates.[p]Will make my reports to the forum starting this weekend.[p]CB

Comments

• HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    Options
    char buddy,
    I received mine, two weeks ago, just as the family was set for a "spring break" trip and have used them three times this week. However, due to the self imposed Dr. Atkins diet, I began after a nine days of eating and drinking like a pig, I've only used them for spatchcock chicken and steaks. Char Buddy, they worked like a charm. Like others, I numbered mine from the smallest opening (#1) to the largest. For my spatchcock chicken, numbers five and six seem to peg 325 or 350 degrees like a new oven. I open the bottom vent to the maximum and after getting a temp at or above my desired one, simply add the ring. Last night, even as a Christmas newbie, I left the BGE puffing away, while I picked up and delivered three of my son's friends from AAU basketball practice and never gave it a second thought. When I returned, it was time to flip them and when finished, they were, as usual, beautiful to the beholder and greater on the tastebuds. I did use #11 to cook steaks earler this week, buying a T-bone, and a couple of NY strips and ribeyes in the "quick sale" section, guessing I could afford a mistake at that price. I used the McCormick's Montreal seasoning and slathered them with mustard (a first but not last for me)....and they were again, out of this world in tenderness and moisture. Tonight is steak night again, and I'll use the #11 or #12. So, while I have only used them on two types of meat, they both provided effortless, right on the button temperature settings and great meals. Finally, since I'm on "the diet" will someone have a beverage of their choice for me tonight? Wine, beer, scotch or gin will be preferable. Thanks....

• Holy Smokes,
    I got your back on the beer's. Having the boys over tonight for a few steaks and cold ones. How much do these rings cost? I am just about convinced to get them, but need cost and source please. Thanks.

• HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    Options
    Seth Howard,
    Thanks for the brews...should I burp about eight tonight?![p]Regarding Mickey T's Temperature Rings....I was fortunate to be perusing the BGE site and absorbing ideas one night three or four weeks ago, when he posted a mention of his rings. I immediately inquired and was lucky enough to be one of a dozen or so individuals "test driving" them. So, I can't give you a direct answer regarding a purchase price, but Mickey T. posts here regularly and will probably respond with his plans for the rings. I do know this, they've certainly worked for me.[p]