Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

bacon

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello out there. Does anyone smoke their own bacon on the Egg? If so, what technique and recipe is used?[p]Thanks for the help.

Comments

• DynaGreaseball
    Options
    New Ulm Chip,[p]try this...[p]
    [ul][li]bacon[/ul]
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    RichardL

He can't see your post, so I hopped over to the old forum and put your link out there.

Whenever you see that real dark bold print, the posts are coming from the old forum.

Hope this helps.
  • Eggscaper
    Options
    I Belive the Eggtober Fest cookbook for 2007 has a recipe to smoke bacon. at least there was a guy there that had a slab of bacon and he cooked it on the egg
  • Richard Fl
    Richard Fl Posts: 8,297
    Options
    Right on the money!

Bacon, Canadian, From Kansas, KS Cheryl

Ingredients
    1 3-4 Lbs Pork loin
    maple syrup (for injecting)
    Curing mixture per pound of pork loin
    1 Tbs Morton’s quick cure
    1 Tbs dark brown sugar
    1 Tbs turbindo (raw) sugar

Procedure
    1 Start with boneless pork loin roast. I look for the leanest ones. I trim off fat. Then inject it with maple syrup.
    2 Place in zip lock bag with the cure mixture in refrigerator for 5 to 7 days.
    3 Remove from cure. Soak for 30 minutes in cool water, pat dry.
    4 I inject again with maple syrup. Refrigerate uncovered to dry slightly before smoking.
    5 Place in egg at 250 to 275 indirect with drip pan underneath. Smoke with your favorite wood ( I used sugar maple) until it reaches 170 degrees. I like to wrap it in foil and slice it when cold.

Recipe Type
    Meat, Side Dish

Recipe Source
    Author: KS Cheryl

Source: BGE Eggtoberfest '07, KS Cheryl