Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Frustrated, help appreciated

Options
City Slicker
City Slicker Posts: 95
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
How long has it been since the new forum came on ? 2 months 3 months, I don't know. All I do know is that I still can not activate my account. Still get the same error message as in day one, about email already in use. Still have never received any e-mail. Miss the interaction, getting frustrated to say the least. Getting tired of shoveling snow off my egg too. And the car won't start either. And I think all my pants shrank because they are all tight now, sheeesh.

Comments

• lowercasebill
    Options
    dear city,
    go on to forum feeback post as a guest ping wmk with your issues also look in your junk/spam/bulk for an e-mail with the activation info.
    good luck
  • thanks but have done that many times. No emails ever received. Still same errors as day one, oh well, will keep flogging what is turning into a dead horse.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i wii post your message on the forum feedback for you hope you. do teh mods have a valid email for you good luck
  • Eggweiser
    Options
    You might try getting a free Hotmail E-mail acount and register again. I bet you will have a new registration e-mail and be loged on in no time.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    This is making no sense to me. Your first post came via the one-way worm hole, but here you are posting responses on the new board but you're saying you can't get here? I'm cornfused!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • beats me, I got here via the old forum, and can reply as guest, but it requires me to insert my handle. Can not login, say to activate. Can not activate, says email already registered, didn't realize that posting on the old forum brought you here, but saw the message after posting on the old forum that the post was sent here too. Wish webmaster would just wipe my email out of the records and I would re-register, how hard is that ?
  • That would work possibly, but I think that my handle is registered already too. Will try that in a few weeks if this doesn't get fixed up.
  • That would work possibly, but I think that my handle is registered already too. Will try that in a few weeks if this doesn't get fixed up.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Odd... On the original post your name shows green (as if you are gegistered) the remaining replies show in black as if you are posting as a guest.

I clicked on the green name and sent you an email last night via forum. Did you get it?

From this end it appears as if you are registered also last night you were logged in as a member (list on right side of the page).

Kent
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    so that's not your profile? It says you are retired, cook with an XL and wish you had a medium. Boy this beats me!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,754
    Options
    theres some strange things going on, im not logged in but using aol, but it shows i am logged in, my problem is with aol, drop the aol and log on with something else and everything works the way its supposed to for me. with aol im not authorized to do anything here but post
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • As for appearing logged in, mu user name shows up on the left of the home page.
    But:
    I cannot post a message from here, says to activate account.
    I can only reply using the guest password, although I can use my handle when replying.
    When I try to activate, I get the email in use error message.
    When I try to login I get the username/password error message.
    User name shown on the left of login screen, (not my handle) came from the first egg forum I found, that required a password and username and handle. I had forgotten about that, but I found an old record of it in my password book and so I used the old password from the original forum. When I click to activate, my username changes to City Slicker, (not my handle, CitySlicker) I think I did that when the new forum first came up, that could be the problem, two usernames linked to my email ?
  • Please try sending me the email again, it might of gotten buried in the ton of trash auto sent to spam folder.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    When emailing through the forum it does not send me a copy and I don't have your email address.

Look in your junk folder for a email from greeneggers.net or click on my username and send an email and I will send you the links again.

Kent
  • sorry, not authorized to view your profile for your email lol.
    My email used to be in my profile, but I cant access it from here either (not authorized), so I don't know for sure if it is still there. My junk box was emptied but I have not seen any thing in there from greeneggers.net
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    email me at

kentja ATTTT comcast dotdotdot net (only 1 dot '.')
  • Luvs to shoot clay
    Options
    This sounds too simple but when I first switched over when I went to put my handle in for my user login as in "Luvs to shoot clay" it wouldn't log me on. When I got the email it had my user name as Luvstoshootclay, no spaces and case sensitive. Don't know if that will fix the problem or not. Good luck. I hope it wasn't that simple.
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    Options
    CitySlicker, I understand. Since the new forum and the hoops to go through, I dont look at it as much as I used to. Look at all the posts, not as many oldtimers are using it also, very few posts from them. I never had a login issue, it always worked fine. No real direct page link to the new form site, (greeneggers.com)like this one. But should come soon I guess. I would say create a whole new name and start fresh.