Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg Carry device?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just curious if any of the inventors in this forum have devised a way
to safly transport a small egg. I take mine camping and there is no real good way to pick this thing up. Although its small its still heavy. Currently im just buckling him into the car. [p]I tried to think of a better way but nothing practical has come to mind. [p]Tom

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    TomF,
    I take mine camping all the time. I put one hand under the bottom (while tilting slightly) and the other rests where the band runs around. I lift it into the back of the pathfinder, and strap it down. Just so it doesn't roll around, and you are good to go.[p]It shouldn't be too heavy to handle, but if you have trouble lifting, removing the fire ring and firebox will make it considerably lighter.[p]HTH
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy,

Thats what Im doing now. I still think it bout kills my back lifting that thing. I was thinking some sort of straps might give me a better hold to lift it up. [p]I just worry bout dropping it.

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Nature Boy,[p]Congratulations on the Championship bound Terrapins, my friend.
    Quite a game.
    Watcha got planned for monday night... anything going on the egg? Hmmmm, I wonder what grilled Hoosier tastes like. :~)[p]WD

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    TomF,[p]I have a mini (not a small) and it fits in a milk crate with slight modification to the crate. Perhaps you could fashion something similar![p]smokey.gif[p]
  • Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    TomF,
    When I went to last the Michigan Eggfest last August, I hauled my small in a Rubbermaid storage container.(No lid) It gives you a pair of handles to grab when carrying and doesn't roll around in your vehicle. Depending on your vehicle it may fit in your trunk. I like to keep it secured if hauled in the passenger area. Wouldn't be a pretty sight with a large piece of ceramic flying around in an accident.
    Painter

• Painter,
    Good Idea [p]Thanks
    Tom

• jwitheld
    jwitheld Posts: 284
    Options
    TomF,
    try fabricating a litter that bolts arounf the egg below the raised ring (where the hinge clamp is)