Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New Forum

Options
drbbq
drbbq Posts: 1,152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm trying to love the new forum but it just isn't working. Maybe there are some easy fixes for the stuff that's bugging me.

With my bookmarks on the left side, a blank space and the news etc. I am looking at almost all the info I actually want on the right 55% of my monitor. I know I can close my bookmarks but I don't have to do that anywhere else I go. Can I get rid of the junk on the left?

When I'm scrolled down and reading a thread I can't get back to that place on the main scroll when I'm done. When I back out I go right to the top. This sucks when I'm surfing way down the page as it's hard to find where I was.

The red and green are tough on my eyes. Can I change the colors?

Last but not least I always check the "Remember me" box but it never remembers me.
Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    DrBBQ,

Go to the box up on the left side that says "forums" click on it and select 'wide view' you'll be in business for part of what you're looking for,
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Ray, if you are using a browser that supports tabs, like Firefox, do a ctrl click on the post you want to read. This will open a new window with the entire thread. When you want to go back to where you were, close the tab. -RP
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    remeber me box issue is probably a funtion of your security settings /cookie handling and not the forum
    if you are using XP right click the message you want to read and select open in new window when you are done close that window and the first screen will be right where you left it
    nice to see you here
    bill
  • benny
    benny Posts: 109
    Options
    what about font size....how do you enlarge it. I need a magnifying glass to read it. I know they say your eyesght is the second thing to go but skhkwlkhen ndjkwo
    hnssklnehtn msmsms.. see yours is going too
  • drbbq
    Options
    Thanks guys. The wide screen is good and the other suggestions work, but add a step I didn't used to have to do.

I'm still having a hard time understanding why this is better. Is it because I can do this :woohoo: ?
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    benny,
    in classic view non wide the menu bar is to your left scroll down to change font size. click the style bar and select Verdana [the largest type] then clcky A+ a bunch of times.
    if you are using XP hold down ctrl and roll your mouse wheel
    good luck
    bill
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Ray, play around with the different views..and there is also a different view between the "egghead" forum and "club egg"....you can also choose classic view, wide view or threaded...lots of different options, hopefully one of them will suit your liking....you gonna be in Waldorf this spring?
  • drbbq
    Options
    Thanks Wess.
    I'm planning on it and we should have the brand new NFL Cookbook just in time.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • drbbq
    Options
    Thanks Wess.
    I'm planning on it and we should have the brand new NFL Cookbook just in time.
    Ray Lampe Dr. BBQ
  • on this point:
    "When I'm scrolled down and reading a thread I can't get back to that place on the main scroll when I'm done. When I back out I go right to the top. This sucks when I'm surfing way down the page as it's hard to find where I was."

i use a mac, and use firefox for my browser. on the old forum, when i returned to the main forum page using the back button on firefox, it always returned to where i was. in the new forum, using firefox, as you said you always return to the top of the main forum page.

however, using safari, it snaps back to where you were rather than to the top of the page. i'm certainly not skilled enough to understand why this happens!

Ken
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Interesting. Thanks for pointing this out. I use Firefox on Linux so I don't have access to Safari on my main computers, but your post prompted me to try other browsers. Sure enough, Opera also appears to take you back to the level to which you'd scrolled when you use the Back button. And I believe there are Opera versions for Windows and the Mac, too.

Still no ideal solutions, but we're getting some good workarounds.

Later,
    Cornfed