Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABTs, Fatties, & Wings - Part I

Options
Beanie-Bean
Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Looks like it'll be appetizers for dinner this evening. Got my order in from Dizzy Pig (Thanks, Chris!) and after tasting some of the spices, I've decided to try some of the breaded wings, along with some other stuff using the new rubs.

Here are the ABTs (pulled pork for the internal meat) and some fatties. Both of the sausages have some pepper jack folded in, and one of them has some sliced jalapeno and a dusting of Swamp Venom.

IMG_9358.jpg

Here are the breaded wings on the large, prepared per the Dizzy Pig recipe, but with one tbsp of Swamp Venom and one tbsp of Shakin' the Tree:

IMG_9361.jpg

I tried to get the wings as far away from the direct flame, so I added the 2" fire ring and put the wings on top of the grate extender. They may even be touching the dome thermo :P

Here's a shot of the fatties and ABTs going on the SBGE, setup indirect and smoking with some apple wood:

IMG_9362.jpg

I'll have Part II after everything gets done.

Comments