Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New forum

Options
jwirlwind
jwirlwind Posts: 319
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am sure all good intentions in making the new forum was with great thought, but you can have it. [p]MC Jerry

Comments

• Hammer
    Hammer Posts: 1,001
    Options
    I know that it is frustrating at first; some things don't work correctly, but then there are too me a lot of plus's.
    WMK and WPB are working overtime to correct the problems and are making great headway. Give it another shot before you throw up your hands. Your contributions are always beneficial.
    My suggestion would be to ping these guys and tell them what the problem is; they'll do everything to help.
    Hammer
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I agree. Man don't leave, your input is important!
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Grasshopper
    Options
    Jwirlwind,
    I agree. I prefer the old forum. For one thing i cannot figure out the font size - way to small for me - can one adjust it? Next it just seems clumsy to work around in it. For now i will stick with the old, too. Call me an old dog.
    Grasshopper

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    ...i would think a master chef and engineer could figure it out.

i'm a total idiot, and it took maybe two days to get a handle on it.

sorry you won't be joining us. though i have a feeling you'll be back.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Grasshopper,

The font got me at first to. I went out and bought some 3x readers just so I could read it. In the top right corner there is a magnifier. Just click that up to about 180 and you'll be back at the old forum size. It seems to stay that way when you select the size.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    Now stike if he's not on the new forum do you actually think he read your response. If he is then what is he complaining about??
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Grasshopper,[p] I guess I am fixin' to be rude here.. [p] Scroll down the dang page and click on the A+ button under the heading "CHANGE FONT SIZE"[p] Go into your profile and set the default view to CLASSIC VIEW and poof you are on the new forum with old forum look.[p] This is NOT Rocket Science.. Instead of bitchin' about a new thing why not just ask for help.. You know that thing you did when you first bought your egg. We are styill the same helpful people just now we're on a different forum[p]ALL THINGS CHANGE.. Get over it..

• Grasshopper
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    Sorry if it seemed like bitching, just an old dog trying new tricks that weren't working for him. I did follow your instructions and want to say thanks, Things are good. :)
    Thanks again.
    Grasshopper
  • Michael B
    Options
    Celtic Wolf,
    A+ doesn't work on everything and even creates new problems.
    There are needed links on the page that don't enlarge.
    When you change pages you are back in 7.5 font.
    The only thing I have found that comes close to being acceptable is to keep forum magnification at 0 and decrease my computers screen size, blowing everything up.
    Of course, if you aren't in wide view that gives you about 1 inch of screen width down the right side for messages. And, if you are doing anything else in other windows, those things get about 4 letters per line.
    So yes, you were telling falsehoods to be rude.

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Michael B,[p] Could it be that you have messed with the settings of your browser so much you are confusing your own settings with those of the forum?[p] The ONLY thing I have had difficulty reading have been the messages themselves. All the other link are more then adequate. [p]
    I wasn't and still am not telling falsehoods. My comment was directed at the comment that the message font was too small. Not that the font on all the extraneous stuff is too small. Then again if it was left to the default size I reckon people would be bitching about having to use the scroll bars to view the whole page.[p]

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    well. you got me on that one...
    hahahhaha
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante