Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

panko walleye !!

edited 10:18PM in EggHead Forum
a guy from another bbq forum dropped off some walleye last weekend.

the BEST tasting freshwater fish, no doubt! :woohoo:

pankowalleye-005.jpg

pankowalleye-007.gif

pankowalleye-016.jpg

pankowalleye-019.jpg

Comments

• MaineggMainegg Posts: 7,787
    OK that is pretty good looking, and I am impressed with the video, that really kicks it up a notch. but what the H --- is the armless thing in the shadows in the bottom picture to the right??? LOL
  • that's betty, my sous chef! :silly:

although she doesn't chop much or wash dishes :(
  • NessmukNessmuk Posts: 251
    Your pics causes me to recall my days of fishing in Canada. We caught small walleye for lunch. The guide cooked them over a wood fire in an iron skillet.

No fish available today equals the take from Northern Ontario.

My grandchildren, with my help, catch varities of sunfish. I fillet them with an electric knife. Each side equals about a mediallion of fish that approaches thw walleye.
    Rick's Tropical Delight wrote:
    that's betty, my sous chef! :silly:

although she doesn't chop much or wash dishes :(
    she is just a touch scary! :woohoo:
  • maybe so, but she has a great personality!

hangtownfry-013.jpg
    Rick's Tropical Delight wrote:
    maybe so, but she has a great personality!

[img size=800]http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/RicksTropicalDelight/biggreenegg/hangtow nfry-013.jpg[/img]
    oh god keep her in the shadows! she looks much better! LOL
  • My doctor just told me. "Thats the prescription you need, Take two of those for lunch and two for dinner and you.....you.....yo.....ACHOO......... u'll be feeling better in no time."

Thanks Rick
  • don't be disin betty! :angry:

:silly:
  • Rick,

We met in Atlanta and the guy in the picture isn't you. He is in quite a few of your shots. If he's a neighbour or a brother he's gettin way too much amazing food. I think he owes you an egg.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    man i keep running out of things to say about you and your cooking (picks and all) rick i thank you for showing me how good food is supposed to look and i know you are not tired of hearing it but i am tired of typing it so from now on i will just post "HI" and i hope you will not think anything by it but i can't give you kudoos without typing a bunch of stuff guys are not supposed to say too often to each other unless they are talking about a mutual sports team so i am sorry but i am starting to feel like everytime i see photos like that makes my mouth water (see guys are not supposed to say stuff like that to each other so often) so here you are standing tall and Eggin above all of us......AS USUAL

Eggtoberfest07023.jpg

(knew i could use that photo eventually :P )

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• that's not me? who the heck ate my fish then!? :angry:
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Never had walleye but you sure make it look good. Did any smoke flavor infuse while frying on the egg?
  • no smokeyness really. maybe the leftovers will have it cause the fridge seems to bring it out the next day.

i'm reminded to be careful when shallow frying like that. if open flames and oil scare you, DO NOT TRY THAT AT HOME! :whistle: