Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fire marshal permits

Options
Michael B
Michael B Posts: 986
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fire codes.[p]I haven’t seen one recently, but we have had several posts from people in the past saying they could have a propane grill but not a charcoal grill at their residence. Some of them referenced fire codes. A couple of them said they had to get rid of a BGE they already had because of these rules. I thought I would recount the experience I had yesterday.[p]I went to the fire marshal to get a permit for a cooker here at work. He said that wasn’t a problem, and gave me a permit for a propane grill. [p]I asked him about having a charcoal cooker and he said ‘absolutely not,” along with several quick reasons why charcoal grills were more dangerous than propane, and therefore were not allowed. A few of the points he cited were ‘open flame’, and improper and unsafe disposal of hot coals. All of his points, he said, were addressed in the fire codes.[p]I asked him about a BGE, explained what the BGE is, and he added ‘ceramic cooker’ to the -cooking equipment to be utilized- line on the permit.[p]Sometimes rules are not as all-inclusive as people believe.

Comments