Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

New to forum

HerbHerb Posts: 28
edited 5:56AM in EggHead Forum
Hello to everybody. I'm new to the egg forum but not new to egg cooking. I've enjoyed my lg egg since nov of 2000.

Comments

• BobSBobS Posts: 2,485
    Welcome! Lots of good help and ideas can be found here. We look forward to some pictures....
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,354
    Glad you finally decided to join us Herb! This place is amazing. I'm sure you've learned a ton from cooking for almost 8 years on your eggs, but just wait until you start combining what you learn here with your hard earned knowledge!

Happy cookin
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • HerbHerb Posts: 28
    After many years of testing my favor thing to cook on the egg is a 2.5 inch thick cowboy ribeye on the bone. I get the egg up to 700 degrees and sear it ribeye for 4 min turn and sear it for 4 more min. after that i close both vents and walk away for another 22 mins. after 22 mins the egg is about 300 degrees and the steak is perfectly cooked to med-rare. Next time i'll post a photo or two.
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    Glad to have ya. Look forward to hearing more of your fav cooks. And pictures of course
  • bobbybbobbyb Posts: 1,349
    Herb,
    Welcome. Looking forward to you sharing your knowledge.
    Regards, Bob
  • HammerHammer Posts: 1,001
    About time you joined us. Welcome to the forum! I know that you'll be more than pleased that you are on the forum. Lot's of good folks here!
    Welcome!
    Hammer
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Great to cook with you Herb! Post some pics and recipes! Welcome!
  • BrocBroc Posts: 1,398
    Welcome -- Happy Posting!

~ Broc
  • WooDoggiesWooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Welcome new Egger! Sounds like you've been bbqing for quite some time.
    Please take the time to share some of your cooking experience with this board.... and pictures.... we love pictures.

john
  • Welcome to the forum :woohoo:
  • Welcome to the forum :woohoo:
  • SundownSundown Posts: 2,914
    Be careful of some of these people they might offer you grape Kool Ade and try to seduce you deeper into the fold. Resist! Bless their hearts. Cook and enjoy.
  • Ala-EggAla-Egg Posts: 162
    Welcome aboard, great place to be!!
  • Welcome Herb, what took you so long to find us?
    Looking forward to hearing about (and seeing) some of about some of your cooks. You should start planning to attend one of the eggfests where you will get a chance to see the faces behind some of these names and pick up a few new tips as well as share a few of your own.
    Larry
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.