Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Reheating ribs in Egg.. In foil or out of foil??

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WHat seems the best way to reheat ribs in the Egg that have been refrigerated..

I know ~350 degrees..... but should foil be wrapped on them or not?? Do not want them to dry out..

Thanks so much!!!
·

Comments

• Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,760
    In the oven with a little liquid in the foil 300-350 depending on how much time you have.
    I have been known to cut them individually and place a little sauce on them and into tne microwave in a pinch.
    ·
  • Richard FlRichard Fl Posts: 7,760
    misread. Should have said on the BGE with little liquid. Must be pre-game jitters.
    ·
  • NessmukNessmuk Posts: 251
    I am not a foiler. I wrap cooked products in Film 905 that I buy @ Sam's Club. I learned this from BBQ contestants. It is like a heavy duty siran wrap. It will withstand temps in the 200 range. It is a better wrap than foil in that it seals completely.

After wrapping, I place the products in a styrofoam container. The temp holds for over 2 hours.
    ·
  • Is it safe to hold chicken that way as well?
    ·