Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wing Sauce Recipe

Ga_Egger
Ga_Egger Posts: 22
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone have a good recipe for wing sauce? We like it spicy and have some habanero's in the fridge. Thanks.

Comments

• I've never done them myself, but here's one that I've noticed some chat about lately:

http://houseoffaulkner.com/wings.html
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    I HAVE tried this recipe and it got rave comments. This is the recipe I am using today. Have 50 free range wings waiting in the fridge. Cant go wrong with this one! Thanks Faulkner.
  • Melt a stick of butter with your favorite store hot sauce (ie Texas Pete, Frank's, etc)

Add fresh black pepper and fresh white pepper to taste. Mince those habs up finley and stir into the sauce.

Toss the cooked wings in. Great flavor and easy to do.
  • I'm trying some maple chipotle wings for the S'bowl:

2 Tbsp oil
    1/2 Cup finely diced red onion
    2 (or more) chipotle chiles in adobo sauce finely chopped
    1/4 Cup maple syrup
    1/3 Cup chicken broth
    1/2 Cup ketchup
    3 pounds of Wings

Saute the onion and chiles in the oil for several minutes until the onion softens.

Add the syrup, broth and ketchup. Bring to boil and then stir over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.

Put the wings and sauce into a suitably-sized zip loc bag and allow the wings to marinate for up to 24 hours.

If you want garnish for the wings when they are done, finely chop 4 green onions and 1/4 Cup cilantro to sprinkle over the wings.

Note that this is a kitchen oven recipe, so I'm probably going to do the wings at 325ish on a raised grid until they are done. I'll probably rely on the thermapen to tell me that.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Personally, I prefer to go without a sauce. Maybe it is because I cannot eat a sauce without getting it all over everything within reaching distance. So, I will will be doing two batches (32 pieces in each batch) of my 'Georgia Red Wings' (recipe can be found in Submitted Recipes) and one batch of an experimental nature consisting of lemon juice. lemon-pepper and Peach-Habernero Basting Sauce (a purchased concoction) so we'll see how thosae turn out.
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    If you like it hot,then I recommend visiting:

http://www.blazinhotsauce.com/
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Thanks for the suggestions. I plan to cook them on the egg and then in the fryer for 1 min., then toss in sauce. I'll try to post a pic of the end results.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    hey suck creek i wanted to thanl you for your advise on the wings last night :)

last night i tried it your way and everyone here loved it... thanks!!!!

i used franks wing sauce :( on half and Wild Boar BBQ sauce on the other half. wife said best ever ;)B);) :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• takes a little more effort and clean up, but in my experience it's completely worth it.
  • If I grill them at 375, about how long will it take to cook them? Thanks
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    clean up wasn't bad i use my deep fryer outside because it will stink up a house in a skinny second!!! plus wings seem to cook in batches for me anyway :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• I use mine outside as well, much cleaner way of frying.
  • If you don't want to make your own, I recommend using Ken's wing sauce (same brand as the dressings). It is usually in the same area in the grocery store as other marinades. It is really good.