Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Venison help

Larry McSassLarry McSass Posts: 56
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
A friend of mine brought me over a variety of venison cuts to smoke for our poker game tomorrow night. There is a hind quarter (bone in) and a hind quarter (deboned), as well as some tenderloins and a front shoulder. Does anyone have any idea how to cook any of these? Which should I do first? How long? To what temp? I have never done venison before and don't want to mess ths up, it looks like some good meat. Thanks for any asistance!
·

Comments

• My buddy brought over some chunks of tenderloin wrapped in bacon. They were delicious. He seasoned them with Everglades Seasoning. We grilled them direct heat until the bacon was cooked. Might get the cards a little greasy but what the heck...
    ·