Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Tonights Pizza

TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Uncooked
P1010580.jpg
Cooked. Pizzaria bought dough. BP Fire roasted sauce posted yesterday by Pharmeggist, mozzarella, pepperoni and sauted onions. The pepperoni is buried under the cheese.
P1010581.jpg

The sauce was good. Next time a little less balsamic just a tad too much vinegar. Cooked 10 minutes at 550. It could have gone another minute. All in all a good second effort.

PS I went to Walmart today for more lump and they were out. They had many skids of briquets. I'm out now. Anyone know where I can get more near East Windsor NJ. I can get Kingsford at McCafferies in West Windsor but it sparks so much I'd rather not.
·

Comments

• Grandpas GrubGrandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Try Lowes and Home Depot. They have a some, not many, bags of Cowboy around here (out west).

Kent
    ·
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Try a GFS if they have them in Jersey..they carry a couple of brands of lump including Royal Oak, which I understand is as good as BGE lump.
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Za looks great! I like to put my pepperoni on the top so that it crisps up a bit.

Ace hardware will deliver cowboy lump to your nearest store at no extra cost. You can set it up online too.HTH.
    ·
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    Thanks there's the ticket I've wanted to try Cowboy
    ·
  • HammerHammer Posts: 1,001
    The pizzas look great! I plan on cooking several tomorrow if the rain clears out. I could cook in the rain, but I don't like too.
    Hammer
    ·
  • What's this BP Fire roasted sauce recipe posted by Pharmeggist? I haven't figured out the archive system here on the new site. Can someone point the recipe out to me?
    ·
  • Looks real good, the last couple of pies I made I sprayed Pam on the crust and sprinkled DP's Jamaican Fire... Nice spicy finish.

Yummy
    ·
  • PharmeggistPharmeggist Posts: 1,191
    Here is the recipe.... ENJOY!!!
    BP’s Fire Roasted Pizza Sauce

3/4 Cup Crushed Fire Roasted Tomatoes, drained with fluid reserved (I use Muir Glen)
    1 Tbs. Unsalted Tomato Paste, NO ADDITIVES AT ALL
    1 Tbs. Reserved fluid from Crushed Tomatoes
    1 Tbs. Good quality Balsamic Vinegar
    1 Tbs. Good Quality Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
    ¾ tsp Fresh chopped Basil (or ¼ tsp dried)
    1 tsp sugar
    1 clove Fresh garlic, pressed
    ¼ tsp kosher salt
    Dash of fresh ground pepper.

Makes enough for a 14” pie and scales well.
    ·
  • Good looking Pizza.

Someone posted this earlier in the day for Royal Oak.

http://www.agway.com/store_locator?radius=100&zip=12531

Greg
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    I orderd on-line from ACE they delivered to my local store no problem. The manager told me that if I order at the store from him directly he can gove me the same price as on line and he makes a commision on it.
    ·