Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What to drink while Egging

124»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,734
    im thinking he is selling chourico not chorizo, chourico is spicey and greasy with alot of flavor and some heat, chorizo is more about the heat from what ive seen, how does he say it, chourico has a silent o as in show reese. i forgot to show you what a fine bottle of wine looks like

100_1096.jpg
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    hmmm. the new england meat market web page is down.

fred's sell (quote) "chorico, linguica..." etc.
    and i remember that they pronounce it shor-eez as you say. so something's wacky.

spanish chorizo one is spicy, the portugese linguica is a little smokey (smoked paprika). i think they are very close to the same thing starting out... cured pork, fat, paprika. the chorizo has hot peppers in it, the linguica doesn't, and the paprika is smoky.

that's what wikipedia told me last time i checked. you know how reliable THAT is.

but fred calls it "chorico" and pronounces it shore-eeze (even though wiki says it should have an 'o' at the end . who knows... it's good sh!t
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BigT
    BigT Posts: 385
    http://www.ihatecilantro.com/

Maybe you have that (alleged) gene that makes cilantro taste soapy- I know I do.

To keep it on topic, I like beer, Jack, dark rum, tequila Icees and red wine. When Egg tending either beer or rum/Coke.

Big T