Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Need recipe for fatties

aaindaaind Posts: 235
edited 2:28AM in EggHead Forum
Need recipe for fatties ,they look very good ,thanks in advance
Dave
·

Comments

• RascalRascal Posts: 3,351
    This one should be a winner..... http://www.wessb.com/Cooks/fatty/fattys.htm
    ·
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    You can stuff the little dudes with almost anything you want and coat them any DP of choice roll them up and wrap in plastic wrap and refridgerate for a couple of hours. Cook indirect with smoke for about 3hr at 250, internal to about 175.
    PreFattie.jpg
    These were stuffed with cooked spinach peppers and I forgot what kind of cheese.
    ·
  • Made one out of ground turkey last night. Added parsley, onion tops, chopped garlic, salt and pepper to the ground turkey. Stuffed the inside with yellow bell pepper and cheddar cheese and dusted with DP Raisin the Steaks. Nice. I little heavy in consistency as compared to pork sausage but I'll do it again.

turkeyfatty640x480.jpg
    ·
  • ATXATX Posts: 98
    http://www.thesmokering.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=59809&sid=c75a20bdce968a4e31ac05f2e65d340f[/url]

This is a good one w/ a pictorial. Substitute jalapeno peppers for the anaheim pepper if you want more kick. The anaheim is really mild.
    ·
  • Looks good Frank, I think I will give this one a try!

Frank in Houma wrote:
    Made one out of ground turkey last night. Added parsley, onion tops, chopped garlic, salt and pepper to the ground turkey. Stuffed the inside with yellow bell pepper and cheddar cheese and dusted with DP Raisin the Steaks. Nice. I little heavy in consistency as compared to pork sausage but I'll do it again.

turkeyfatty640x480.jpg
    ·
  • thirdeyethirdeye Posts: 7,428
    I'm predicting you will be hooked after you smoke your first one.... B)

Collage-Fatties.jpg
    Happy Trails
    ~thirdeye~

Barbecue is not rocket surgery
    ·
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    great stuff i was actually going to ask on how to make them myself!! i have 4 on at 250 raised grill in a fish basket! 2 are honey garlic with dp raging river and tsunami and then i have 2 hot italian with dp red eye!! will post my first results later !
    ·