Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Very first Pizza

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
photo?photo_id=639556&size=lg
<p />Hi guys. I'm still trying to learn the photo posting steps so I figured I would send you a photo of my very first Pizza on my Egg. If I get "mouth-watering" responses I will assume it posted the way it was supposed to. If not, I still have about thirty years left in me to figure it out.[p]Spring Chicken
Spring Texas USA

[ul][li]My very first pizza[/ul]

Comments

• ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Spring Chicken,
    I got a broken link on the BGE page but I looked at the source and was able to see the pic.
    Look like a tasty pizza. Cut the black olives on mine!
    You need to set the date on your camera though. It says pic was taken 4-4-2000.

• Chef Arnoldi
    Options
    Spring Chicken, looks darn good- i am salivating just thinking about it.
    the main picture did not come out, but the link
    ". Re: Very first Pizza - ravnhaus 13:55:10 3/18/02 (0)" connected me to:
    http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=639556&size=lg

• Spring Chicken,
    Pizza is one of my favorite foods & I have yet to do one on the egg---If my first one comes out looking that good, I'll be ecstatic.[p]Lewis

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]A beautiful pie. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.[p]Spin
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    ravnhaus,
    That was my first pizza. I just needed a pretty picture to see if I could post a photo. Eggs are made for pizza cooking.

• Marv
    Marv Posts: 177
    Options
    Spring Chicken, Damn good lookin' pizza, hope your not going to feed me pizza when I come down there.........
    Just kiddin', I love pizza[p]Marv

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Marv ,
    Would I do that to you? Come on...! I was thinking hamburgers. HaHa[p]Spring Chicken

• sdbelt
    sdbelt Posts: 267
    Options
    image-display?photo_id=639556&size=lg
    <p />Spring Chicken,[p]Here's your picture wth a working link.[p]The difference is that from the page that you see the large image on, right click your mouse, when hovering over the actual image. From there, select the properties menu selection, and then highlight the URL you see and copy that as the link to paste on this forum. It works for me everytime.[p]Here's the link you posted:[p]http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=639556&size=lg[p]And here's the link that works:[p]http://www.photo.net/photodb/image-display?photo_id=639556&size=lg[p]The links are very similar.[p]Good pizza![p]--sdb
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    sdbelt,
    Thanks for the lesson. I will try again when I do a meal on my Egg that is worth bragging about.[p]Or, maybe I will just do one of me hovering over my Egg and enjoying the moment. Proud Egg Parent that I am.[p]Spring Chicken

• Marv
    Options
    Spring Chicken, Hamburgers would be great if..........
    they are Texas size hamburgers!![p]Marv

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Marv ,
    I call them Boooger's Burgers (Boooger was my motorcycle handle)when I lived in Daytona Beach. Loved that place. I wanted to open a hamburger place called Boooger's Burgers. The menu would be limited to burgers and unusual sides. They would be called Bodacious Boooger Burger, Big Boooger Burger, Baby Boooger Burger and so on. They would be served with a special french fry my family is known for. My logo would be visible from far and wide - a giant animated neon sign on top of the building would be of a grody fat cook with a glowing cigar stubb in his mouth standing over a grill. There would be a continuous sequence of movements like he was picking up a scoop of hamburger meat, placing it under his armpit and making a patty, and then throwing it down on a hot griddle that sizzzled when it landed. Needless to say, I would sell T-shirts and stuff saying "I survived a Boooger Burger in Daytona Beach"
    I promise not to make my patties that way when you come down.[p]PS I still think about my Boooger's Burgers idea a lot. It would definitely go over well in Daytona Beach.[p]Spring Texas
    aka Boooger

• Marv
    Options
    Spring Chicken, Hey, nothing wrong with an idea. That is how most of great businesses start. That is how I started mine. Although I am not rich, I am more comfortable than most of the people I know.
    I really like your idea, I think it might go over just about anywhere. Everyone always loves a great burger, or should I say a great Boooger's Buger?
    I tell you, people come from far and wide for good food. You heard to old saying 'build it and they will come'?
    The thing I just don't like about it is having to be tied to the place. Where as mine, it is seasonal enough to give me the time off I desire and still make good money.[p]Good Luck,[p]Marv

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    Marv ,
    A lot of readers are probably reading your message and drooling at the idea of quiting their jobs and taking their BBQ skills to a higher level - catering. But you and I both know it isn't easy. The fact that you have a good income and plenty of free time is only because you designed your life and business that way. My Booogers Burger idea would likely require me to work 365 days a year and probably 12 to 15 hours a day. Too much "work" and not enough "fun." That's why I love my Egg. Very little work and a whole lot of fun, and that should be enough for most folks. [p]Take care of WooDoggies when he comes a'visiting but make him earn his keep.[p]Spring Chicken

• Marv
    Options
    Spring Chicken, I agree, store front is WAY too much work. I owned and operated a small store for 6 years and that was 5 years too darn long. I loved it, just too darn much work.[p] Woodogies promises that he will earn (or eat) his keep when he is here. Might be cheaper to pay him a flat fee instead of all-he-can-eat though.[p]Marv

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Marv,
    Can't we negotiate?

• Marv
    Options
    WooDoggies, boy, you are diggin' way down the posts to get to this one.[p] All I can say is bring a BIG icechest. lol[p]Marv

• WooDoggies
    Options
    Yes Marv, I'm digging way down the threads 'cause this is where I want to be at this precise moment in time.
    Here in this spot.[p]I hope you don't mind if the Help eats as He works. Gotta keep the strength up thru the long haul, ya know.
    And like you said, "If it aint got meat, I don't want to eat." ...and some beans on the side wouldn't hurt either, if you please.[p]Oh yeah!... can't wait to help you with a cater... t'would be too much fun, my friend.
    Perhaps we can talk Spring Chicken into joining us.
    Watcha think?[p]WD[p][p] [p][p]

• Marv
    Options
    WooDoggies, Beans would be good too, after all, mine do have meat in them.[p] To have you and Spring Chicken here at the same time? That would be pretty awesome.[p] What time of year did you say you made your annual trip west?[p]Marv

• Spring Chicken
    Options
    WooDoggies,
    Count me out for this year. Too much going on. But the invite is VERY tempting. I'll just have to take a rain check if that's possible. Besides, I'm still practicing on my Egg. Gotta get it down pat before I start hanging out with you professionals.[p]Spring-Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA[p]PS If I put one of those new spring assist hinges on my Egg and it malfunctioned, would I be Sprung-Spring Chicken?

• WooDoggies
    Options
    Hey Marv,[p]I like the time of year that is the dry season.
    Endlessly clear blue sky days and cool, starry nights.
    Absolutely awesome... everytime I experience that region during that season I never want it to end and I never want to return east. Then the rain hits, puts it all into perspective and I'm outta there.[p]WD

• WooDoggies
    Options
    Spring Chicken,[p]I'm with Marv, that would be something if we could coordinate trips to cater together.[p]However, it does have the real potential of getting out of hand and we end up the Three Stooges of Q... I can picture it now.
    Who would be Moe, Curly and Larry?[p]Marv, you may want to seriously reconsider this. :~)[p]WD