Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Somewhat OT - Don't Double Dip the Chip

Options
Cornfed
Cornfed Posts: 1,324
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Thought the Seinfeld and/or Harold McGee fans out there might enjoy this article from today's NYT which discusses the potential for spreading bacteria when "double dipping."

I believe this is only semi-OT since it can be applied to dips made on or served with foods from the Egg.

http://tinyurl.com/2m5qh3

Heeeee,
Cornfed

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Dang! Does that go for doughnuts too? I don't drink coffee so I usually dunk in a nearby cup... 8 - )
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nah, you're fine. The coffee is hot enough to kill all the germs.

My baseless and unscientific comment is brought to you by the letter "Q."

Heeeee,
    Cornfed
  • Smokin' Lady
    Options
    Great article - glad you shared it. I must say when there's a big crowd around, I agree with Timmy, "just take one dip and end it". Another idea is to scoop a bunch of dip onto your own little plate, and go crazy. Can't say I'd want to share a bowl with Georgie after recently seeing the episode where he gets caught on the giant screen at the ball game with chocolate sauce all over his face.