Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New BGE Ordered

Options
Boccie
Boccie Posts: 186
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This is my first post here on the BGE forum. Just wanted to say hello. I have been shopping and researching for a new grill and decided the ceramic cooker is what I wanted. Looked online and read the forums. Well, thanks to all the testimonials I've seen, I bought a new large BGE from a local dealer today. Should be here in a week :-)[p]Hope you have room for another person on this busy forum, I am sure I will come here alot[p]I am looking forward to learning how to cook with my egg![p]Oh, I even had the privilige of being the first to buy a large egg from the gentleman (he just started selling these in the area). Maybe I'll get a free coozie LOL[p]-Boccie

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Boccie,
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the addition to your family. You are in for lots of fun, a few mistakes, and a great learning eggsperience.
    When you need help this is the place to come. While waiting for your egg, keep reading the forum as you will have a head start on your learning curve. (sounds like you are doing that now)[p]Happy Egg-n, (soon)
    New Bob

• Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Boccie,
    You're gonna love it! There's a whole lot of help here, even sometimes when you're in the middle of a cook and something doesn't seem right. Post a question and several experts will come to your rescue.

• Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Boccie,
    Congratulations! You did good.[p]Spring Chicken
    Spring Texas USA

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    S10_02_9914_35_11.jpg
    <p />Boccie,
    Welcome! Always plenty of room in here!
    ST

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    Boccie,
    Welcome to the BGE family.
    Larry

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    Boccie,[p]A hearty welcome to the family and forum.[p]Spin
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Boccie,
    Welcome..don`t hesitate to ask any questions..and dont pay attention to the book that comes with it..Congrats.[p]Wess

• Boccie
    Boccie Posts: 186
    Options
    Thank you for the nice comments. I am looking forward to coming here and picking your brains :-) I am sure I'll be needing lots of help[p]Thanks Bill W for sending me the file with collection of recipes and information on the BGE. That was very nice of you sir.[p]Everyone here seems very nice.[p]-Boccie
  • Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Boccie, we're just like family. But just remember, my two sons fight just like my brother and I use to fight. :-)
    Hope you enjoy the collection of info. Virtually all of it came directly from the forum. I just collect, edit and format.

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Smokin' Todd, I think I've seen that picture before! Actually, it is just getting ready for a couple of nice pork chops. [p]Life is GOOD! :~}

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Earl
    Earl Posts: 468
    Options
    Boccie,
    Welcome to the forum.[p]Glad to here you went ceramic & you can bet this is going to be a long week. LOL Check your e mail.[p]Earl

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Boccie,
    Welcome to a mostly friendy forum...and a wealth of information. People here share recipes openly, and will answer your questions at any time of day. Pretty much any problem can be solved, and for any adventure you have in mind, there is likely someone following along here that can help. Also some good natured humor and comradery every day. With the large number of people posting, you often find you have a whole bunch in common with some folks. Even the ones who seem harsh are great when you meet them in person. [p]Sometimes the water gets a bit murky around here, but the exchange of information usually keeps on chuggin.[p]I've learned much of what I know right here, and have made some genuine friends. Occasionally we like to talk about beer. I guess I like to mention beer in at least half my posts, as it is synonomous with BBQ. [p]If it is workable, I would highly recommend coming to the Eggfest (in Maryland on May 4) or the Eggtoberfest (in Atlanta toward the end of October). You will see lots of good cooks in action, and meet some fine folks.[p]Sorry for babbling. Again, welcome!!
    Beers
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    Gfw,
    pork chops.....YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's exactly what Im picking up on the way home.
    Due to lack of charcoal, I did beautiful bone-in chops last week with "shake N bake" in the oven. Came out good, but with all the coal I baught this past weekend Im picking up the chops... minus the shake N bake...plus the rosemary for egg-seared chops!
    ST

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    ST:[p]Try that S&B or seasoned flour on chops to be grilled. Use an egg bath for adhesion of the dry mix. The Princess did something similar in the oven pre ceramic cooker that has translated well on the grill. If you try it, let me know what you think.