Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggin\' - what else?

ChitownBBQ
ChitownBBQ Posts: 72
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So I get home on Friday and the wife says she's been to the grocery and wants to see what the egg can do with standing rib roast and BBQ chicken. She has a 4-lb roast and about 6-lbs of bone-in breasts & thighs.

I crusted the rib and warmed up to about 350. I didn't have time to for the low-smoked rib I like to do, but it is still nice...
012608-1.jpg
012608-2.jpg

The last one I did, I pulled at 115F and there wasn't much residual heat, so it was served at about 120F. The wife and I loved it, but some of the neighbors thought it was a little rare. This one, I pulled at 120F and after 10 minutes sitting, it was at 130F. The foil peeled off some of the crust, but only over the fat cap.
012608-3.jpg
012608-4.jpg

So, for future reference, I'm going to pull it at 115F and invite different neighbors.

Alas, I have no pics of the chicken - the wife was hungry and tired of me wasting time with the camera rather than the basting brush...she just doesn't get it. I have made better-than-average BBQ chicken for years, but I've never had any come off the grill as pretty as my 1st egg batch - even more of a bummer about the pix, but I'll get some next time.

I love my egg.

Comments