Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Guru for the Small?

Options
Good Eats
Good Eats Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I currently have the Digi Q with a Pit Viper on my large, anyone useing the Guru on their small? Been thinking about getting the 4CFM fan and adapter for the small... for those of you that have this set up do you use it alot?

Comments

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    I've never used the Guru on the small, however, I have an extra Guru with an adapter door for the small. You can use the Guru you now have with an adapter that fits the small draft door........
  • Good Eats
    Options
    Grapeboy with negative Karma? I will do what I can to help bump you back up... sounds like Chubby and CWM are up to old tricks... thanks for the help with the Guru... I got the new Digi Q and love it... I can see myself using it a lot and was wondering how often people that had the small used it.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    My Karma will run over your Dogma!!

Grapeboy is a zero now... ohhhh wait....
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Is the smaller fan required for the SBGE when using the DigiQ? Isn't there a way to choke the fan/vent down? I'm going to be ordering a DigiQ very soon, and just wanted to make sure that I order enough pieces/adapters for both my LBGE and SBGE.
  • Good Eats
    Options
    Bean,

I don't think you have to have the smaller fan for the small egg but I am thinking in my case it would be easier and a little more efficient. I have a Large with a 10 CFM fan and yes there is an adjustable " damper " on the fan. I really think that if you have the DIGI Q ( AWESOME Product, just upgraded from the Competitor ) with a pit viper ( 10 CFM fan ) and the adaptor door for both the Large and Small you should be good to go. Then again all you might need it the standard 4 CFM fan. I usually have the damper on the fan closed about half way on the Pit Viper.
  • KS Cheryl
    Options
    I have the guru on my small and love it. You can use the bigger fan just close the door down more. You will need the small adaptor door. Cheryl
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Thanks for the information...I'll order the extra adapters when I configure my order with the Gurus for the DigiQ.