Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Compound Butters

Options
BluesnBBQ
BluesnBBQ Posts: 615
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
There's an article in today's Washington Post about compound butters. Lots of nice, simple recipes here. I bet the "Blue Butter" would be great on a steak.
[ul][li]Butters! (not that kid on South Park)[/ul]

Comments

• HolySmokes
    HolySmokes Posts: 446
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,
    Many thanks for the heads up on this article. There's a saying, that in the South, the two most favorite foods are "grease and flour", but for me, it's butter on anything. I agree, many of these suggestions sound wonderful, but the Blue Butter sounds as if it were made for me. I can hardly wait to try it.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    BluesnBBQ, thanks for the lead. The basic herb butter looks pretty useful as well. And that Chili-Butter? I see chicken breasts ablaze. I pasted a few into my collection of articles.

• Ca_rnivore
    Ca_rnivore Posts: 120
    Options
    BluesnBBQ,[p]You're right about that blue butter. I've used a similar butter on top of filets that's REALLY good. I got the recipe from an issue of Chili Pepper Magazine 3-4 years ago. [p]A blue cheese crusted filet with purple mashed potatoes and sauted chili peppers is a real treat. The sight, smell, flavor and textures are mixed in a near perfect combination. Dang! I'm droolin' on my keyboard again![p]Anywho, if you'd like it, I can post the whole recipe, or email it to you. [p]Happy eggin',
    Kevin