Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Jest the Fest

Nature Boy
Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
damyor.jpg
<p />Just wanted to take this moment to thank Dale (Da Mayor) for coming through with plans for an upcoming Eggfest. For a while, it was not clear whether he would be throwing the ultimate bash for a 3rd year straight.[p]Yet it is true. It will happen. Not ony that, but YB will be coming from down south. And Smokin Todd (pictured here with Da Mayor himself). and Mr. Woo Doggies will be gracing us with his presence. Just to mention a mere few of the great folks that will be making the trek.[p]Like I mentioned before, I have a real good feeling this will be the best fest yet. I would recommend to anyone that is not sure whether it is worth the trip.....DO IT! [p]See you there.
Pumped.
NB

[ul][li]Eggfest Info[/ul]
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ

Comments

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Nature Boy,[p]You going to do squiddlies?

• Nature Boy
    Sundown,
    Unless someone objects, I will be doing a few batches. I only cooked one batch at the three egg-type fests I have been to. Even though most people said they would not eat it, I barely get time to slice it before it is gone. [p]My first eggfest I cooked brisket, ginger mahogany ribs, and squid....along with Grillin Bill's Tri-Tip. This time I think I will just do squid. Squid. Squid. Squid. I think I wil buy 10 pounds of squid. Yes. That sounds like a good number.[p]What about you? What's cookin? And are you bringing any sidekicks this time?[p]Beers!
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Nature Boy,[p]Oh, yes, this year's fest will be awesome!!! Some of us will be cha-zillin' on Thursday evening... Friday will be spent doing some sight-seeing plus some prep for the fest. Saturday will be an all day eat and drink fest! Sunday will be a drive/recover day...unless someone comes up with a more fun way to spend Sunday (which I'm, of course, up for doing!).[p]Anyway, anyone that is on the cusp of deciding to go...GO!!!! I remember ST and I 2 years ago debating about going to the first Eggfest in MD. We went and could not be more happy about the lifelong friendships we forged. I urge anyone that is able to come to the fest and enjoy a spectacular time![p]Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,
    Cornfed

• Sundown
    Nature Boy,[p]Different sidekick this trip (if I get down and, believe me, I'm working on it!) A cousin out of North Carolina is really curious about our Cult of the Egg. and is threatning to come up for the shin-dig.
    As for cooking, I'm afraid if I come I'll fly down and from what I've seen in the airports lately I'm not sure where I'd end up if they saw a plastic bag of marinating meat! With the dim-wits I've seen so far I'd be in a detention cell for a week.
    SQUID RULES! I could shill for you, as if you would need one, and entice non-believers to taste your tentacled tasties!
    I'll know by the first week of April I think.
    Keep your tentacles crossed.[p]Carey

• Sundown
    Cornfed,
    What you cookin'?[p]Carey

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    nature-squid.jpg
    <p />Nature Boy,[p]10 lbs of squid will draw seagulls! And fisherman!! I'll bring a couple 1oz weights and we can fish for catfish later. Heck, you could cook those and throw away the squid.[p]:-] having fun with you again --- gotta find that picture of you eating squid - yummy.[p]here it is!![p]Tim
  • Sundown
    Tim M,[p]Throw away squid!? Why old son, you cut me to the quick! Isn't anything better than perfectly cooked squid! And next to mine Nature Boy does a pretty good job. I'm hoping that not many will want squid so I'll have as much as I want.
    Hey, NB, I'll pay for the tentacled beauties...you cook'um.[p]Carey

• Tim M
    Sundown,[p]He knows I like to tease him about the squidly - diddlies. I actually ate one (just one so others could try them).[p]Tim
  • Sundown
    Tim M,
    Don't go telling people how good they are! Then everyone will be wanting to try them and there won't be enough for the few of of us that know how good they are!
    Suprisingly, most people think they smell and taste "fishy" salmon is more "fishy" as far as I'm concerned.
    You are going to be in attendance I hope.
    Snowing up here this morning![p]Carey

• Nature Boy
    Sundown,
    Let me know if you want me to pick some up for you. I will be buying them and cleaning them on friday mornin, so they will be fresh for saturday. Am anxious to try the Sundown version![p]Yep. Tentacles crossed you can make it. May the ink be with you.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Tim M
    Sundown,[p]Yea, not fishy at all. Squid used for bait has a stronger odor by far and possably because it makes better bait, but NB's had no fishy tatse at all. I would compare it to Calamari (sp?) with a smoke quality.[p]Tim
  • Nature Boy
    Tim M,
    Man. What a portrait! Who is that guy with the hairy bicep?
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Nature Boy,[p]I don't know but his mom should slap him for eating before washing. [p]Just look at those hands. tsk tsk[p]:~)
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Sundown,[p]I don't know. Definitely something that involves meat...[p]I was thinking of trying to come up with something fancy, but now I'm thinking of just cooking up about a thousand wings of different heat levels...[p]How 'bout you?[p]Later,
    Cornfed

• Nature Boy
    WooDoggies,
    Ahhhh. Just a little charcoal dust and BBQ dirt. What do you want? Clean hands or good taste?

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • BBQfan1
    BBQfan1 Posts: 562
    Nature Boy, Thought maybe a little squid ink from a 'struggler'......
    Qfan

• Nature Boy
    BBQfan1,
    LOL. Okay COL. (Chuckle Out Loud)[p]Yeahhh. That's the ticket![p]Have a good one.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Nature Boy,[p]Little dirt? You could grow corn under those nails, Son![p]I am now placing my order for a pile of those sqwuideses.
    And I'm not sure 10 pounds will be enough.[p]Beer,
    WD[p]

• Sundown
    WooDoggies,[p]Back off! I'm getting 9 of those ten lbs! ;>)