Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Off-Topic, Tribute to the WTC

Options
Trout Bum
Trout Bum Posts: 343
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
WTC%20Tribute.jpg
<p />Was emailed this picture yesterday, which is a tribute to the World Trade Center disaster.
Just thought I would share it.
B D

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    Thanks for sharing. "NICE"[p]Bob

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    Thank You

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    Beautiful. Thank You.

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    Time exposures at night can really produce some beautiful images. This one is incredible even without knowing the meaning of it. Throw in how important this tribute is to us Americans, and the world, and the fact that the city is still rockin', and it is one of the best images I have ever laid my eyes on.[p]Thanks for it.
    Have a great weekend! America rocks.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    I grew up in the South. NEW YORK CITY was almost a dirty word back in those days. A visit there when I was in the Army changed my mind. It is a very interesting city with a lot going on. The one thing that stood out, even back then, was the pride those people had in their city. Since 9/11 I have gained a whole new respect for the city and its citizens. They have united in a way that should serve as a model for the rest of the world. Your photo reflects more than a fitting tribute to those who died, but also a tribute to those who continue on. Thank you for sharing it.[p]Spring Chicken
    aka New Yorker at heart

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Big Daddy,[p]Thanks[p][p]
    <TABLE WIDTH="20%" CELLPADDING="2" CELLSPACING="0" BORDER="0">
    <TR>
    <TD WIDTH="100%" BGCOLOR="BLACK" VALIGN=TOP>
    <P ALIGN=CENTER>
    <FONT COLOR="AQUA">T</FONT><FONT COLOR="WHITE">i</FONT><FONT COLOR="RED">m</FONT><FONT COLOR="AQUA"> M</FONT></TD>
    </TR>
    <TR>
    <TD WIDTH="100%" VALIGN=TOP>
    <P ALIGN=CENTER>
    ribbon.gif</TD>
    </TR>
    </TABLE>[/p]
    [p]

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Big Daddy, thanks for the picture. The twin beams are created by 84 (I believe) spotlights symbolizing the Twin Towers of the WTC. Temporary memorial created last week.[p]Having lived in the NYC area (Weschester County) for about 5 years, I can only guess at the St. Pat's Day parties that will be happening around NYC today! :~}

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Big Daddy,
    Be sure to check out the video tribute at the following link also !!!!!

[ul][li]9/11[/ul]
  • Big Daddy, thanks!
  • Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    eaglecry.jpg
    <p />Check out the link - Just for you!

[ul][li]Proud to be an American![/ul]
  • Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Big Daddy,[p]That is a really cool picture. Thanks! I actually started south on Rt 9 at about 7:05pm leaving work the day they lit the lights. I was on my way to meet someone but wanted to go back to the top of our 9 story parking deck to check out the lights. There's a great view from of the skyline from the top of the deck. It's about 20 miles from the city. It's where I last saw the towers smoking at about 9:30am on the 11th...[p]Anyway, I'm going to Hoboken, NJ to get a good in person view and to hopefully snap some shots of these lights later this week. I'll post them if they come out OK.[p]Thanks again for the great picture![p]God Bless America!
    Cornfed

• MickeyT
    MickeyT Posts: 607
    Options
    Awesome man!![p]Thanks.[p]Mick