Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First Pulled Pork

Options
Butch M
Butch M Posts: 52
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday at 11:00 AM I began my first Pulled Pork cook. I got the Egg stabilized at 200 % and she stayed there until 10:00 PM. At that time the pork temperature was 164 %. I open the bottom vent, but nothing happened. I open the Egg, removed the meat, and stirred the lung, put the meat back on and the temp rose to 285 %. At 4:00 AM the Nu-Temp went off to tell me the meat was at 200 %. Took it off, warped it in foil, waited two hours and pulled the pork. Man, it this stuff GREAT. Now I understand why everyone raves about it. [p]This will not be my last PP, but I will not start the cook in the morning again. From now on I will begin to cook at night, so I can get some sleep. Wife made me campout on the couch because I kept getting up to check on the cook. But all was well when she tasted the final product.[p]Thank you so much for all of your advice. This forum is great source of information for those of us new to Egging!

Comments

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Butch M,[p]Yah, that can be some gooood stuff! Congradulations on your first one! It freezes great too! I usually will do a 7-9 pounder and freeze leftovers in single serving sizes. About 1 minute in the microwave and I have lunch![p]Smokey[p]
  • ravnhaus
    ravnhaus Posts: 311
    Options
    Butch M,
    So did you eat a pork sandwich at 6:00 am?
    It is hard to resist that stuff at any time.
    Congratulations!

• Butch M,
    I did almost the idnetical cook as you yesterday, almost to the numbers. Only.. I started mine at 11 p.m. Thursday night. 200° all night long. Opened lid for the first time at 10.A.M. Put a polder in and it was 163° in smaller one (6 1/2 pounds). I had two on.. I kicked the fire to 275° and at 4 took off the smaller one at 203° internal. Pretty close huh?
    Oh Yeah though, Mine weren't on my egg. they were on the WSM, but still...[p]
    Dylan